1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging time Doubled!

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by John11heather, May 2, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The Prius charger is in control of the rate it draws current, a maximum of 16A. So it can be safely hooked up to a charger with more amp capability. For example, mine is connected to a 40A charger without a problem.

Bob Wilson

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Here is both an initial charge and later, using the key fob to precondition the car:
    [​IMG]

Bob Wilson

Andyprius1 likes this.
  3. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a grey prius The differences between any two circuits can be quite large. You speaking of a 10 min. faster charge time on a Prius as compared to your Tesla. Your speaking of different households, vehicles, power companies and overall differences in Impedance. Impedance is the total reactive counterforce which is a vectorial addition to a circuit, this Impedance, Z, directly affects current flow and affects efficiency. Even identical circuits in a lab can read slightly different. I wouldn’t worry too much about 10 min. When it come to electronics we know a lot, but are probably very primitive when compared to a advanced society. When we all the answers then we can call ourselves GOD.

4. zappafan

zappafan The Blizzard

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    One day last week my Prime took 2 hrs and 40 minutes to a full charge. It usually only takes 2 hrs 10 min. The next day it was back to normal, but today it was estimating 2 hrs and 40 minutes again. Could the higher temps and humidity have an effect on the charging times?

5. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Same location?