1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging Timer Settings

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by hdfixer, May 12, 2012.

1. hdfixer

hdfixer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    cFirst week with my new Advanced and I love it. Can't wait until I get plates and my Green HOV sticker.

I use the car for my daily commute and have a very regular schedule. Is there any way to make a permanent setting of the charge start time? It's a bit of a pain to have to set it every time I get home. I have RTFM but haven't found any way to do this?

Thanks for any advice!

Chris

2. jpaque

jpaque New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You just have to hit the timer button once and it'll remember its last setting. You don't have to set it every time. I have a schedule like yours, and when I get home every night, I just press the button, get out of the car, plug in the charger (the little yellow charging light will turn on for a second, then turn off), then I'm done.

3. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't have the manual in front of me. So I am not sure but I think you push the set timer button then when displayed like 7:00 am, use the clock to toggle to the time you want 8:30 am or what you want If you want pm I think you hold the timer button until it shows pm then use clock to set time to nearest hour and 1/2 hours. when you have the time you want push the timer button and it should flash green on the upper right of screen and your good to go. If I totaly confused you, It's because I may well be all wrong, It is in the manual but I don't have that with me, so just from my memory and that isn't any good any more. Someone will chime in with what page it is on. Good luck!

4. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    But you only have to go through the gyrations once to set the timer. Once it is set to what you want, it remembers what you last set it at, and you just tap the charge timer button to activate it, and plug it in. The green timer light in the car flashes to remind you that the timer is set.

This is all assuming that you have set the clock itself to the correct time. This is a different clock from the one in the display unit.

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Once the start time (or finish time) is set, it's permanent until you change it.
    So, when you get home, hit the power button to shutdown, then push the charge timer button. Plugin. done.