1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chasing Camry: Chevy asks dealers to put a Camry in the showroom to sell Malibus

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, May 16, 2007.

1. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ May 18 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]445420[/snapback]</div>
    Like you really care about the link. People have pointed out these facts for you multiple times and no amount of data is going to influence you. But just so you can't say people are trying to hide something, here is the webpage

In addition, I have attached the actual summary pdf.

Honestly, I would be disappointed if Toyota is going down, but I am not going to take the time to compare the two because you will find some way to spin it. I wouldn't be surprised if GM is going up somewhat, with their pushing the flex-fuel vehicle scam. At any rate, Toyota still has a higher CAFE than GM, that is a fact and your argument makes no sense. Saying yea but GM is going up is like comparing an A+ student that has slipped to a B+, to a C student who has went up to a B-. One student is still better than the other.

Attached Files:

2. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ May 18 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]445420[/snapback]</div>
    Do you really think that just repeating your statement despite the facts with make it so? Are you part of the Bush administration by any chance? As I said before and provided numbers, the US was the world market. We used to be the largest single market in the world. We no longer are, that spot has been taken by the EU. The have succeeded in their goal of combining individual economies to create an economic bloc to rival the US economy. They are now 30% of the world economy and growing. The US is only 28% of the world economy. What is even more amazing to me is that the EU is doing so well despite absorbing 10 quite poor countries in the last decade that have been by anyones view a monetary drain on the original 15 EU states.

If you are just talking cars, than yes, the US in the worlds largest market for now, followed by the EU and Japan. But by 2015, just 8 short years from now, China is projected to be the single largest market for automobiles.

What do you think that will do to gas prices when 1 Billion Chinese are driving cars? $3 per gallon will seem cheap in 2010 when we are paying $10 per gallon. Earth to GM, plan on high gas prices in your future business models.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    thanks michael for the link and the pdf. Gee, now I'm gonna have to go with the stats, not malorn's word. And I was this close to trading in my Prius guzzler for a GM product...