1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cheap A2DP plug n play bluetooth usb adapter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gptoyz, Aug 4, 2017.

1. gptoyz

gptoyz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thought I throw this out there in case anybody wanted to add bluetooth to their car and have the use of steering wheel controls

Bluetooth Music&Hands-Free Car MP3 CD Adapter Interface For TOYOTA LEXUS Scions

I installed this on my tundra but I checked it with the Prius to and it works great. The tundra head unit can't display text so I didn't bother with the pricier USA spec version.

I have the USA Spec bt45 which is superior in phone call quality, the harness is also better.

Warning: it does have the world's crappiest connector (but it is Plug n Play), it did not want to remove like a factory plug or the USA spec with the quick release and I did pull out some of the wires when I was tugging on the connector to fish my final install. But I know how to strip, depin and crimp and was able to fix my own gaffe. Just make sure you know where you are going to run the cable and the box before you firmly plug it into the factory radio.

For $45, which is way cheaper than the USA spec, you get near factory quality functionality and USB.

Sorry but aux bluetooth gateways just don't do it for me.

SFO likes this.
  2. Keon

Keon New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This seems nice.

Does answering/rejecting calls and changing songs via steering wheel control work properly with this adapter?

3. adam777

adam777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does this handle auto-start and auto stop when the car turns on/off?

4. gptoyz

gptoyz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes the auto start stop of the car doesn't interfere with the adapter

However handoff to the phone when you break the Bluetooth connection such as turning off the car and exiting is not seamless

iPhone ?

5. gptoyz

gptoyz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeap steering wheel controls are fully functional including call rejection

iPhone ?