1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheap Bluetooth solution; 05 JBL

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by atlsud, May 17, 2018.

1. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was considering options for my new to me 2005 with JBL. Either a new android head or an adapter like APPS2CAR but I was not looking to spend a ton. I decided on an fm transmitter and I am very pleased with sound and performance.

The only draw backs are poor hands free bt phone calls and no steering wheel control. The hands free calling is poor because the bt mic is located at the unit. I’ll deal with that as I have iPhone and Apple Watch. I can also pause and advance song track with my Apple Watch.

Here is the unit I purchased.

It is small enough to put in the center console power source. It powers off when you turn off the car and automatically connects to device on start up.

2. First_Time_prius_owner

First_Time_prius_owner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    i use an apple watch to move my tracks too :) and i have a simple ipod 30 pin/aux attached. i cannot see the link in your post, can you pls share the link?

3. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Search on amazon for:
    VicTsing V4.1 Bluetooth FM Transmitter

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are Bluetooth tape decks that have mics, sound quality of calls are pretty good

5. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I’ve been using these amazon purchased Bluetooth receivers. They plug into the aux Jack. You pair it to your phone and the car power socket powers the unit. Each one has a small disk unit that houses the bluetooth chips as well and play and pause and rewind buttons. They’re usually under $25 and the sound quality is great for my none audiophile ears.

6. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Whether AUX or FM, the problem with any add-on is that you can't listen to any source (other than your phone itself) and have phone calls announced over the radio. You can get a cheap radio that will do this, but if you want steering wheel controls as well, you're going to spend about $140.

7. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    True ideally an aftermarket head unit is the best solution.

8. James1964

James1964 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II