1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cheap rear cargo mat w/o any cutting?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cwerdna, Nov 26, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I intentionally never got the OEM Toyota floor or cargo mats as I thought they were overpriced but I've lately been looking for a rear cargo mat. My interior color is bisque. I posted a WTB at http://priuschat.com/forums/private-sales/97029-cheap-rear-cargo-mat-2nd-gen-04-09-a.html and nobody replied. :/

It seems all the choices are expensive (to me) for what they are. I called a local Toyota dealer and asked for the price on the OEM mat and the price a bit over $100. Ouch!

Doing some digging, I found stuff like:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/newbie-forum/60726-replacing-prius-cargo-carpet.html#post832504
    Toyota Prius 2004 ~ 2009 NHW20 Interior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive (all way too much)
    Floor Mats, Car Mats, Logo Floor Mats, Rubber Floor Mats | Mat Depot - $56.51
    Toyota PRIUS Cargo Mat - Toyota PRIUS Accessories - $60ish
    ToyotaPartsPeople.com - Genuine Toyota Parts and Toyota Accessories - $58 - $70ish

PriusChat Shop : ExactMats - The Original Clear Floor Mat - $72.00 - was thinking of this but I don't understand what the cargo extension is. If I buy the cargo mat alone, it's $68 and even if I take advantage of Amex SBS credit, it's $43. Still too much.

The cargo mat extension only for $45 but since I don't know what it is, I don't know what I'm actually getting.

All of these seem rather expensive for what they are considering a set of standard floor mats for the seating areas can be had easily for $20 from an auto parts store.

Anyone have any other cheaper alternatives? I'd rather not buy a generic piece of material and cut. I figure whatever I do won't look very neat.