1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheap Stock audio upgrade?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Groger, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Groger

Groger Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello

If I had a base version of the Prius v, installed an Alpine PXE-H660 and an Alpine 25x4 (RMS) amp, but kept the stock 6 speakers in the car, (the base one not the Bose Audio System). Would it sound better?

I already own the Alpine amp, so buying an PXE-H660 for $250 would be cheaper than changing all the speakers as well. Would I keep the existing bass or loose it. I am sure the high's would be much better.

Trying to find a cheap solution for audio augrade.

Thanks

2. n0na

n0na Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but I do know that the basic audio system in my Prius v3 had a terrible "booming" sound and the only way to make things tolerable was to back off on the bass control on the radio. Booming base is normally a sign that the speakers can't reproduce a true clean bass. So, my guess is that upgrading the speakers would do more to improve the audio sound than anything else.

3. Groger

Groger Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know the size of the speakers on the base Prius v? The Front and Back?

Thanks

4. mudmanrv

mudmanrv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I believe the fronts are 6x9 and the rears are 6.5 round... ??