1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheaper Video In Motion/GPS Entry Bypass

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by SaraBBrown94, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraBBrown94

SaraBBrown94 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I ordered mine on the 10th. It shipped on the 12th. It arrived on the 14th

I would say people on their phones and people who are more interested in what's going on in other people's cars since when I have it playing, I'm watching it about as much as I am when I'm at home folding and sorting laundry. The difference between this in my car and anybody else on their phone (they're usually texting) is that I have a nice little driving assistant that centers and spaces my car. Also I'm probably cruising at the speed limit so most people are going 20+ over the posted limit flying past.

#21 SaraBBrown94, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    distracted drivers are blatantly easy to spot. they're the ones swerving, failing to maintain speed, etc. no need to "strain" to see anyting.

3. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's the problem with narcistic a-holes, they think the world is all about them. They think that it's ok to violate the laws that are meant to protect the rest of the people because, again, it's all about them. I bet the same people who want to watch a distracting movie while they're driving are the same type of people who are more than happy to drive buzzed, again, because it's all about them and their wishes and f**k the other people who they may hurt.

4. SaraBBrown94

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Not necessarily. If you're going exactly the speed limit with cruise control, you won't have a problem with maintaining speed. If you have autopilot installed, you car will stay perfectly centered in your lane. The only indication would be if you just so happened to be looking away when a deer or unexpected incident suddenly came out of nowhere and you needed to swerve or brake faster than the car would automatically be able to do. In that case though, you might not have reacted fast enough to avoid it anyways. Also if you've ever had that happen, you'd know that on top of the regular red BRAKE screen, there's another that shows up when the car determines it wont be able to brake by itself fast enough.

5. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    All in Japanese. Clicking around a bit and I found the translator. My order was cancelled. Lol

6. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I ordered the Beatsonic USA kit and installed it yesterday.

The Beatsonic kit is a toggle switch, where the left position is the original state, and the right position is the bypass mode. Since this is a toggle switch, I can control by just touch and knows exactly which mode it is in. No need to check whether button is lit up. I kind of prefer this.

Since I don't need to see the toggle switch, I installed it in an inconspicuous location right under the shifter box, in between the heated seat switches. Can't really see can locate and operate it by touch.

WHAT'S INTERESTING IS ...........with the bypass mode, the GPS (the map moves) STILL WORKS!!!!!

When I first toggle to the bypass mode, the map stops updating. However, I left it in bypass mode while driving, and after maybe 5-10mins the GPS location and map resumed updating - while in bypass mode and with video file playing.

I can also confirm with the Beatsonic model all the safety features work: radar cruise, LDW, sonar parking, etc.

I'm so happy!

2018, Cdn version without entunes.

#26 bb4srv, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  7. SaraBBrown94

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I was wondering about that. I wasn't sure if the reason mine was moving was because of other stuff I'd done or if it was just the bypass. So really there's no drawbacks to having this as far as I can tell

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

8. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I’m guessing the system uses the vehicle speed and gps update to animate the map smoothly. When the speed is not available, the system falls back to the gps polling update.

When in bypass mode, I do noticed the update happens in minute blips.

9. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  10. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
  11. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    or until you hit a kid and kill him because he's small enough, or riding a bike and isn't recognized by the pedestrian detection or the radar.

12. SaraBBrown94

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Why don't you go away since you have nothing to contribute to this thread? Geez. You're more annoying than my ear infection.

Sezy, bisco and randomwalk101 like this.
  13. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Don’t feed the troll

Sezy likes this.
  14. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sarah

Just curious. Have you “used” this mod lately besides testing it out after install? The reason I ask is I installed the bypass similar to this on my LS460 back then and I think I used it once or twice at most

15. SaraBBrown94

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I use it for directions all the time. There's not enough time at stoplights to adjust your destination and I'm not pulling over to type in that last letter or two.

I like having the music album art up on the screen. Most cars have that normally. Toyota dropped the ball when they considered it a hazard and blocked them during movement. LOL

The video thing is more for when I have a passenger. I like the bragging rights of having the capability. Also when I was picking up a friend from the airport, I was able to download a couple episodes of a show she watches and I knew she hadn't see yet. That was kinda cool. :D

16. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sweet. Also if you notice, this harness is virtually the same harness as the phone mirror harness. So when (if ever) Toyota/Denso decides to push out an update to support video input, you can tap in (solder) the RCA wires and easily/cheaply get that RCA to HDMI module etc.

I don’t have this bypass installed now but if the head unit supports video input (for phone mirror) I’d get it. I use Waze and would love to put waze up on the screen.

17. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    feeling guilty?

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Consider that terrestial TV has been available in Japan in cars since 2001... I don't see reports of increased fatalities in Japan due to distracted driving.

Also, you've stated your piece. I'm not advocating in either way but you have to believe that PriusChat members are generally the responsible type (it seems we generally attract people of higher intelligence and awareness).

19. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Nicely done! My hero academia nice anime choice (y) good thing you didn’t post a spoiler :whistle:

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since you guys can't behave like adults, I'm closing this.

chris.and.dale, goinskiing and Mark57 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.