1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheapest possible price for the Prius Two and Prius Four?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by VicVicVic, Jul 1, 2012.

1. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hope you are doing well.

I am using CarWoo.com to try to get either a Prius 2 and a Prius 4. The color does not matter too much, as price is the most important factor. I am just wondering what is the cheapest possible price for a brand new 3rd Gen Prius Two and a Prius Four (these are the two trims I am considering). If it matters, I live in San Francisco, California.

I am asking because I can afford to wait, so I do not want to settle for a high price if it can go lower by even a thousand dollars. At the same time, I want to make sure I take an offer if it is good.

Also, if there's a better way to get a lower price than CarWoo.com, please let me know!

Thank you,
    Vic

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would get a quote through the Online salesman at all the Bay Area Toyota dealers. I got a fair price from Concord Toyota 3 years ago. I note that City Toyota has 5 2012 Prius two's in the paper for $22,599. So, it's possible to get some discount again in Northern California.

Good Luck

VicVicVic likes this.
  3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I would guess now is about as good a time as any for the lowest price. When the 13's come out there will be only small changes as the 12 was a mid-cycle refresh. In Southern California I have seen the lowest prices of the year in the last few weeks (newspaper ads), don't know if dealers have much margin left to go any cheaper. In any event end of the month is usually the best time to deal.