1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check ac connection after flooded error

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Obin olson, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Obin olson

Obin olson New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi I'm new - now that is out of the way.

My 07 Prius was just flooded quickly from a flash flood..car still runs fine. But check ac connection comes up on dash. Took out MFD and checked connections...looks fine.....what module and where could have gotten wet in 2 foot or so of flood and be causing no ac control and this error ?

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure why you took the mfd out after a flood but first thing that comes to mind is the ac compressor got wet. The ac compressor is electric on our cars no belt drive. It’s one of the lowest mounted components in the engine bay. If the ac was on during the flood the compressor may have shorted out or it may have damaged the inverter which supplies high voltage ac to the compressor. I think the car has a stored obd code also so you will need to have that code read by an obd code reader to pinpoint exactly what it’s unhappy about.

A free auto parts store code reader will not work you need a hybrid code reader. Either from the dealer or you can buy your own techstream code reader.

Lots of choices. Use search forum button up top and search

Techstream. Or. Mini vci. Or. VXDIAG.

Raytheeagle likes this.