1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check dealer price on Traction battery!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Matthew J. Brock, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Matthew J. Brock

Matthew J. Brock New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just wanted to put this up here as I learned that sometimes checking the dealer price can be helpful.

My 2008 Prius is throwing P3000 and P0A80 codes with all the weird stuff that comes with it. I had replaced some bad cells in it before, but now it's starting up again. Only driving with the Dr. Prius app open on my phone and punching the Reset Battery Error Codes button every mile or so has enabled me to keep driving it.

Rebuilt packs with a decent warranty will set me back between $1200 and $1500, and they still have used cells in them.

When I had a friend who owns a mechanic shop call the dealership, a complete battery pack with brand new cells in it is only $1711.00! To me, it's not worth saving a couple hundred bucks and getting rebuilt cells, even if the warranty is longer. My Prius only has 80,000 original miles on it, so it's a pristine AZ car other than the battery issue, so I should be able to drive it for many, many years to come.

Hope this helps someone.

SFO and JC91006 like this.