1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Engine Light on Purchsed Less than 48hours Ago

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jro0420, May 13, 2007.

1. rik

rik Junior Member

Okay, I checked the error codes and here's what I got:

P1121: Accelerator pedal position sensor range/performance problem.
    P0125: Insufficient coolant temp for closed loop fuel control.

I talked to the dealer and he says I need to bring it in (ugh!)

So much for Toyota flawless engineering.

2. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sprague @ May 30 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]452530[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, because that's what they promise in their ads: no flaws at all, ever. :unsure:

3. dslomer

dslomer New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 17 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]443978[/snapback]</div>
    I'll say!!

My Smart Key "suddenly" quit working. Used the other one [never used]: no works. Called dealer, who advised checking batteries [duh] then suggested bringing it in for possible reprogramming.

Well, the pictures at http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/Hybrid01.pdf that I just found tonight thanks to ds2007red were so purty I looked at all of 'em. One really got my attention.

Guess what was wrong.

I'm 6'2". While changing from shoes to sandals at a long traffic light, I have no doubt I kneed the cancel SmartKey button. All is well again.

This morning, two different phone techs at Toyota didn't think of what I'd think would be fairly obvious. I'll let 'em know when I cancel the appointment.

Yes, this IS in the manual. Yes, I DID read it AND highlight it. But I'm 61. I can still remember the firing order and valve clearances on my '71 VW, but ... :huh: what was I talking about?

Dave

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sprague @ May 30 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]452530[/snapback]</div>
    not sure about your first description, but the 1121 code we see in the repair manual is for a coolant valve stuck. if that's the case, then the two are related. chances are your water flow valve is stuck, and it's probably routing coolant the wrong way and you're not utilizing your hot stored coolant from the tank. either that or the system is air locked and needs to be bled.

hey, that's why you've got the warranty. if it's gonna go wrong and it's from a manufacturing defect... it'll happen early on.

5. rik

rik Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 1 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]453708[/snapback]</div>
    Update: the dealer looked at it up and down with their much more sophisticated instruments and couldn't find anything wrong. Since the light turned itself off again after less than a day a few power cycles, it's a mystery. They suggested I continue driving the car, which have done now for about a week. So far nothing has happened.

6. drw

drw Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 13 2007, 01:30 AM) [snapback]440944[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for that info, Bill- don't have my Prius yet, and I was wondering what you do if you just wanted to, say, sit in the Prius at lunch and listen to the radio- you would just press the power button once or twice without the brake- correct? Would there be any problem with having the car in this mode for an hour or so several times a week (like battery drain?)

Thanks again