1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

check engine light

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sdnlgm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sdnlgm

sdnlgm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We have a V that has been at the dealership because they cannot figure out why the check engine light won't turn off. They've had it for several days and I assume have checked all the normal culprits and its still on. Anyone had this happen? Any advice?

2. gmcneil05

gmcneil05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well the check engine light is on because there is a stored code. We need that code before we can even begin to guess what the issue is.

3. sdnlgm

sdnlgm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I will get the code (something about intake manifold) but they replaced whatever the code was for and light still won't go off. Almost a week of additional diagnostics have yielded nothing.

edited to add: Thanks for the response. I hope someone here can help provide some insight!

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Ask if the dealer has involved the regional Toyota tech support gurus. Without the car and the diagnostics, anyone here would just be guessing and, if they had a similar experience, there would be no way to tell if the cause was the same as yours.

Unsolved after a week is not acceptable.