1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HOG-Rules, Apr 6, 2013.

1. HOG-Rules

HOG-Rules New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi folks, I'm hoping someone might help me figure out if the CEL was a result of my working on the car.

I installed the pre-wired fog light kit from Toyota of McDonough Parts — 00016-47160 Toyota Prius C Fog Light Kit I pricked the wrong purple wire but quickly figured it out when I got system error message on the screen. Anyway once I tapped the correct wire all worked well.

Then I installed the review camera kit from Factory Connect Camera System for 2013 Toyota Prius C with 6.1" Screen | PriusChat I tapped the 12v and ground from radio plug G37 (my camera was a 12v not 6v) -

All went well Drove the car a few hundred miles then I got the check engine light. I check the gas cap (re tightened) and the CEL did not go away. While on travel for work, I came across a Toyota dealer right across the Hotel I was staying. The Toyota tech said that it was the EVAP System and not the gas cap but needed the car for two days to diagnose. I told him I could not leave the car for two days because I was traveling and he simply reset the codes and said to take to the dealer when I got home. So I got home and a day later the light cam on.

I check the codes myself with Torque via bluetooth (just got it in the mail) and got the following

Current Fault Log ------------------
    P043E: null
    P043F: null
    P2401: Evaporative Emission System Leak Detect Pump Control Circuit Low
    P2402: Evaporative Emission System Leak Detect Pump Control Circuit High
    P2419: Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit Low

Pending Fault Log ------------------
    P0441: Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
    Historic Fault Log ------------------
    ECU reports no historic faults
    Other discovered fault codes (possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    ECU reports no other fault codes logged End of report.

Could I have damaged something when I tapped the wrong wire? Thanks in advance