1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System ...But Starts and Drives to 24mph

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Pollymath, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Pollymath

Pollymath Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I honestly have very few mechanics who I trust, and those who I would trust are far too expensive for this vehicle.

I'd rather do the troubleshooting myself to the extent I can without TechStream.

I may just prepare to the sell vehicle with a disclaimer of this issue. The fact that there are probably two million 3rd Gen Prius on the road and the parts still cost $1200 new is a not a good indication of this vehicle's reduced operating cost. I can find innumerable cheap beater vehicles that get 30mpg or better and have normal brake master cylinders that cost $150 tops. If these types of parts prices are the future of hybrid and electric vehicles, I'm afraid us home mechanics will forever stay with gas burners.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    exactly

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even in my earliest home mechanic days I wasn't too proud to break out a multimeter and troubleshoot for wiring or connection problems.