1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System Light cleared codes runs fine ?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NICE PRIUS BRO 42069, Sep 6, 2022.

1. NICE PRIUS BRO 42069

NICE PRIUS BRO 42069 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I came out the other morning to get in my 2012 prius c has about 130,000 Miles on it and when I went to start the check hybrid system light came on and I was kind of confused of how this could be. So I pull out my trusty ODB and Dr Prius app and check the codes and get P0A80 which from what I read is is basically battery failure ... So I replaced the battery in the back seat about a year ago and know that its not that . The coolant fan in the front seem to still spin freely and the air filter in the back is clean too . I was curious to see if clearing the code and restarting the car if it immediately comes back on but nothing... Ive drove it about 30 miles and it appears to working normal I even had it go from the battery being drained and need gas to charge it and no problems at all ... I know I should probably get it looked at and plan to but money is tight right now and thought I asked what it could be .

2. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Have you cleaned the hybrid cooling fan? though if that is the original hybrid battery you will need to replace it eventually. But if the hybrid cooling fan is so dirty that no air can pass, it can cause that code too i think.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    read the code next time, might be the heat

4. NICE PRIUS BRO 42069

NICE PRIUS BRO 42069 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The only code I saw was the one I mentioned above but now that you mention heat it was incredibly hot last week triple digits not sure if that could be a factor .

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need a prius aware code reader: tech stream