1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System + Lights after traction battery change

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by FlyFast93, Feb 5, 2018.

1. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I realize this post is old, but I will comment. You're correct. You cannot buy new PrimeEarth (Panasonic/Toyota) modules except for in a battery from the dealer. It is just not possible.

What you can buy, and I think at least one company is selling, is a new battery using Yabo cells. Yabo makes aftermarket modules that are exactly a drop in replacement for the PrimeEarth modules. The catch of course is that they are vastly inferior. The ones I tested were in the 2Ah range! At least the CEBA modules were in the 3Ah-3.5Ah range. And just anecdotal hearsay between people in this game, those that bought them and tested them long term, didn't really get more than a few years out of them. I have heard of some shops using them as drop in replacements for remanufactured/refurbished packs because their qualities when new are similar to a 10 year old pack. Yikes.

You can find them here: Products - Shenzhen Yabopower Technology Co., Ltd.

I think it speaks volumes that they now resell the CEBA kit on their site for Prius batteries instead of their own homegrown solution... Seems like admitting defeat.

Yes can't keep them in stock. Had about 2 tons worth of batteries delivered and only 1 kit worth that wasn't presold in this last shipment. As I was shipping orders it sold. So that's my record, I kept stock for about 4 hours.

I have another few shipments in the pipeline, October 1st is looking to be the next available pack. Trying to speed that up. If someone needs one around beginning of September instead of October, I can air freight individual packs for about $300 extra.

DLC82SV and Prodigyplace like this.