1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Check Hybrid System" Making Car Inoperable -- Help After Replacing Wheel Bearing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jesse_denver, Oct 28, 2016.

1. jesse_denver

jesse_denver New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just replaced a wheel bearing hub assembly on my Prius (2010, the base model) with a friend who used to work in an auto shop. The 12 volt battery was disconnected as we put on the new assembly, but then was plugged back in just as it was when we were finished.

Much to my dismay, when we turned the car on, we were greeted with the "Check Hybrid System" indicator. We've tried turning the car on and off several times (earlier threads seemed to advocate for doing it three times in a row) and have also tried switching from "accessory mode" to "full" mode in those attempts, but so far, nothing. Any ideas on how to "get out" of the Check Hybrid System mode that's making my car inoperable?

2. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any other warning lights on?

The problem you are having makes no sense at all. I can't see how you could have done anything to the hybrid system while doing wheel bearing replacement.

I'm not familiar with the Gen 3 but if you have any other warning lights in addition to Check Hybrid System you need to scan for diagnostic trouble codes with an OBD2 code reader which it seems you haven't done already.

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pull the 12V and reconnect it

Raytheeagle likes this.