1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System - No sub codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rkhaler, Jun 29, 2022.

1. rkhaler

rkhaler New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought the car used. I’m an upfront and honest guy. I test drove the car twice, highway and city driving about 30 miles. All I asked was he was up front and honest so I knew what needed fixing if anything. On my drive home all the CEL codes he probably kept clearing popped up.

Turns out he was dishonest about a lot and tried/did hide a lot. Luckily I’m a somewhat decent backyard mechanic - but far from a master mechanic. But when the dash lit up the first time I politely asked if he has seen it before, are there any additional shop records he didn’t give me, etc. just so I can follow up and see where things left off. His reply was basically “sucks to be you not my problem anymore”. So I am not gonna bother letting him know he paid 2k for nothing and the shop won’t give me money for something I didn’t buy.

I’ve learned a lot about the hybrids during this time though. Sort of happy it happened this way. We reap what we sow. In the end, compared to the other used Prius’s listed I still spent less on this car. It just took a little more TLC which I’m cool with.

bisco and ASRDogman like this.