1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Papuna23, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Papuna23

Papuna23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey guys. Yesterday my Prius got a Check Hybrid System message. Along with it, check engine and triangle popped up as well. I an taking it to autozone and dealer later but I just wanted to possibly get some idea of what can be causing it. it has 220,000 miles. I noticed that when it came up it stopped using the hybrid system and was just using the gas the entire time. Did not lose any power though. The person I bought it from told me that this happened to him back in April and his mechanic disconnected the battery and it was fine up until now. I am about to take it to autozone but I was just trying to get possible issues with the symptoms it has. any help is appreciated. Thank you

2. Skibum458

Skibum458 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This happened to me and the hybrid battery was bad...

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Try Dr Prius app for assessing the battery. The Carista BlueTooth OBD dongle works well with it.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The lights and message have a couple hundred possible causes. Everybody wants to get ahead of the trouble codes by trying to guess from some lights and a handful of symptoms, and it's one way of keeping out of trouble while waiting for a way to read the codes. But so is Netflix.

JohnPrius3005 likes this.