1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check hybrid system, stop in safe place

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Coleeeyb, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Coleeeyb

Coleeeyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys, my car showed a weird display with all of these warning lights. I’ve noticed sometimes it lags a little bit when I accelerate but no shop has been able to diagnose it so they always just sent me on my way. The manual says hybrid malfunction but curious if any of y’all have had this problem!

Attached Files:

#1 Coleeeyb, Apr 1, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2023
  2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You're seeing a serious, but not terribly specific error.

Your car needs to be connected to a diagnostic system to find out the dirty details. Not all diagnostic computers are capable of extracting hybrid trouble codes from a Prius, but that doesn't mean you have to go to a Toyota dealer either.

Call around until you hit somebody who says they can diagnose a Prius. Worst case take it to Toyota- just be aware that no matter what is wrong with the car they are quite likely to say it's going to cost a fortune and you should trade it in. So don't panic when they pull that move.

Pri3C and Coleeeyb like this.
  3. Coleeeyb

Coleeeyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    thank you for the reply! I figured it was something serious. How unfortunate, i love my little prius c

bisco likes this.