1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Check Hybrid System" Warning Screen

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Crabtech, Aug 4, 2012.

1. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The evap pressure sensor is part of the Evap Charcoal canister. It is mounted under the car, rearward of the fuel tank, toward the left. There is a harness connector relating to this sensor. It is connector AM2, a white 18-way connector mounted at the left kick panel. There should be two connectors above and forward of the main group of 5 or so connectors at the base of the left kick panel. AM2 is the lower of the two in the upper group. See the harness routing view attached.

Attached Files:

2. Crabtech

Crabtech Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Alright cool I'll go check it out. Btw where can I get a copy of the factory service manual for my Prius?

3. Dan Matthews

Dan Matthews New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    WOW! I just replaced the hybrid battery in my 2004 Prius (110K miles) with a 2009 battery from a junk yard and I was SURE I did everything right and no joy, error lights. After twice tearing down and putting everything back I discovered THIS photo and LoAndBehold that did it. When I removed the plug I couldn't see it yet and didn't notice the slight slide before the flip (and to restore it the slide up after the flip up) All that trouble and that's all it was. I am now on the road again (and about to install an EV conversion kit, yay)

Chazz8 and PriusCamper like this.
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What kind of EV kit you putting in?

And how much did it cost you?

5. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Your the first person I have heard of with a bad pack on a Prius and at such low millage? What went wrong?

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Didn't you know? Prii can only go 109k miles. :LOL: Sorry, couldn't help myself. :sick:

7. Dan Matthews

Dan Matthews New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    To answer the questions on my previous post: I am putting in the Enginer kit, 4KWH version. I figured if I was going to tear down my car I might as well install the conversion. I am almost done so I will let you know how it goes. It is a well built unit but if I weren't previously a mechanic and an electrical engineer I would be more intimidated. In hindsight the hybrid battery change was easy, but it was hard to follow the instructions on-line. I finally used the "Toyota Prius Dismantling Manual" which was very helpful. Even it lacked the instruction that the plug to disable the HV has an extra motion-slide to enable it. I got the tip of using a junkyard battery with guidance to get it as new as possible and ask about the miles (mine has 15K miles from a 2009 for $500 while the old battery had 109K miles). As to WHY it died at such early mileage, I live in AZ and drive the five of us everywhere in serious summer heat, even making monthly cross-desert treks to Mexico which are blazing hot. I have gone through lead acid batteries in every car I own in three year increments.

minkus likes this.
  8. Dan Matthews

Dan Matthews New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Enginer kit, 4KWH version, $3500.

9. Squidgy

Squidgy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    PriusInParadise--thanks so much for this picture/discussion. 1/3 inch of travel on a piece of plastic, and my baby is back, up and running. Sure, I'm the fool for saying to myself "hey, what's this do?" as I pop the fuse off and inspect it...THEN see the label that ominously says "DO NOT EVER TOUCH THIS THING" or something like that.

In retrospect, I find it a little silly to put the HV interlock under three layers of carpet, panelling, and spare tire kit, when it's purpose is to cut the circuit IN AN EMERGENCY. Sharing with my Prius friends--thanks again.

10. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

It's not for emergency. It's simply the "service plug" for technicians working on the car. Removing it doesn't kill power to the car, just HV to the engine room.

11. TurboPriusV

TurboPriusV New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I need to offer you a HUGE thank you. This big orange switch isn't intuitive, like you guys said.
    It has 3 steps:
    1.Insert
    2. close lever to lock, and
    3. SLIDE IT TO THE RIGHT!

The picture with the blue lines indicating final position was worth a ton of cash.
    Saved me a frivolous tow job, and a service fee.

I slid it in place for step three, attempted starting car, got same error. Cycled Power Button Off/On 3 times rapidly to clear error, and car started right up. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Vit@liy likes this.
  12. Joseph Sis

Joseph Sis New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    OMG! This thread, and those photos if the disconnect, saved me hundreds of dollars, days without my car, and utter embarrassment!

That 3/8" slide - who knew!?

Also the steps to reset the error!

Thank you so much!

13. Motov8r

Motov8r Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    x3
    This thread helped me make it to work today. Installing an amp and speakers over the weekend, jumped in this morning and prius no workie. A quick search and slid the lever up, on the road again.

14. Felice

Felice New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everybody (and yeah, this is my very first post on this fantastic forum I've already consulted millions of times, what a gold mine of precious information!)

So, I'm posting here because I have just installed an aftermarket stereo/gps android-based system to replace the original one, almost eveything works fine except the fact that I get a "Check hybrid system" message (though the car switches on normally and drives correctly).

Any hint ?

Thanks!
    Felice

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    12 volt battery okay?

16. Felice

Felice New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Bisco thank you for your reply. Actually, after I restarted the car today, the "check hybrid system" message disappeared. I've seen on other posts that when you disconnect and reconnect some wire (especially when removing the plastic parts of the dashboard to remove the original stereo) you just need to start the car 3-4 times for the message to disappear...

bisco likes this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)

Felice likes this.
  18. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Where is this lever on Prius C? I can't find it.

NVM, I found it. It is in correct position but I'm still getting error message.

Attached Files:

#38 jqsmooth, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  19. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Nevermind. Not a time traveler.

#39 InPriusLove, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  20. Olekbyc

Olekbyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Was installing a hitch for my 2011 Prius and out of curiosity pulled that big orange fuse :oops: good thing I found this thread, cleared my "check hybrid system"

bisco likes this.