1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System Warning

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jennyo1218, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Jennyo1218

Jennyo1218 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Check Hybrid System warning light came on in my 2012 Prius C (90,000 miles) unexpectedly tonight; didn't even have enough time to pull off the main road before it powered down and required pushing to get it to a safer place. By the time I got it towed home, it was completely dead. No horn, no lights, no power lock, dashboard won't light up, no alarm. I don't want to tow it to a shop until I have a decent idea what the problem might be (and know I can cover the cost). Ideas? TIA

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like a dead 12v... Or at least that's the first thing to deal with...

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    that's pretty unusual. try disconnecting the 12v neg for a few minutes, and see if she will power back up.

4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, I'd check that 12v battery first. If it's the original, your lucky it lasted this long. lol When checking that 12v battery, be sure to clean that Hybrid Battery cooling fan while your at it. If that's clogged, it'll give you that warning light too. That fan is located under the drivers side rear seat.

Your High Voltage battery should still be under warranty however. 8 year / 100,000