1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 9uns, Apr 17, 2017.

1. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello,

So I washed the car this weekend and took it upon myself to install CT200h wheels (w/o TPMS - will transfer over soon) and do some interior wrapping. I took apart the following items:

- Upper & Lower Glove box
    - Passenger AC Vent
    - Center Console Assembly (headunit cover, shifter cover, cup holder assembly)

When I took apart the shifter cover, I had to unplug the cables plugged into the drive mode controls, park button and emergency lights. After I reinstalled all the pieces and plugged in the cables to its proper part, I got a "Check Hybrid System" message. I let it sit overnight hoping it would disappear, but it's still there.

Now, I've read that it could be a number of issues (hybrid battery, car battery, fuse, etc.). I'm thinking that it's not a serious issue and that it's related to the unplugging of those 3 controls. Before, I go and take the car to the stealership, is there any way I check this myself?

Thanks in advance.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'll be the first to admit I have no significant level of knowledge about the shifter disassembly, but I would try just disconnecting the 12v for a few minutes and then see if everything boots back up normally. Just like I treat a computer. If it's doing weird things, completely power it down and reboot it.

9uns likes this.
  3. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'll try that during my lunch. Just disconnect the terminals and reconnect?

4. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From memory, all you have to do is restart/cycle IGN some 4 or 5 times. If P button is back in place, the error will disappear.

9uns likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you should disconnect the 12v, only the negative is necessary, for a few minutes.

9uns likes this.
  6. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    telmo744, IGN = ignition? I tried cycling from off to on when I parked in my parking structure at work today before I headed into the office hoping that would help. No luck :(

bisco, thanks for the clarification. i'll give that a shot.

7. shahzad Ayyub

shahzad Ayyub New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have Prius alpha 2013 S 7 seater zvw 41 my car is start and running on gasoline but not after charging converting on Hybrid batteryalthough battery is fully charged error code code p31ac ... P31aa can any one guide me how i can fix this

8. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just tried turning the car on and it looks like the error message cleared itself. I'll report back after my drive home later tonight. Thanks to everyone that replied!

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what are you reading the codes with? are there dash warning lights? how many miles on her?