1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by diro, Jan 10, 2020.

1. diro

diro New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi y’all, Have a 2010 Toyota Prius, my Check Hybird System can one just about a day ago.

(Happened back in October as well, but I just unplug the white cord from the fuse box and lasted me about 3 months - thinking everything was okay). (Additionally I got my water pump replaced back in October after the warning came on).

A day ago it came back on (tried to do what I did back in August but didn’t work well this time) struggled because stability control lights came on and wasn’t able to drive the car at all, so had to get it towed back home.

Now the check hybrid system lights are on, stability control, and now my check engine, brake, charging system, electric power steering, and ABS warning lights are all on as well.

Can anyone give me an idea what’s wrong with the car? Thanks in Advance.

(Can’t realer go to a dealer since it’s used and no warranty)

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's error codes stored to pinpoint the problem that needs fixing... You can get an auto parts store to read them for free, but they won't be able to read the sub-codes. For that you need to use Toyota Techstream software a Mini-VCI plug, or even easier, a the Dr. Prius app and an OBD2 Bluetooth device. Learn more about which one to buy here: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    how many miles on her?

4. diro

diro New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    about 213k

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    start with the 12v health and oil level, then code reading. in the meantime, inspect and clean the hybrid battery cooling dan, make sure the intake grille is clear, and check the inverter fluid reservoir for movement when the car is made 'ready'.
    does it have all its regular maintenance done?