1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by nicosprius, Jul 22, 2022.

1. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I was having some misfire issue to the point that I had to clean the intake manifold egr valve cooler and all pipes changed the pcv valve changed the oil and filter plus new plugs and coil. Once I reinstalled everything my misfire was completely gone everything runs smooth but immediately I was hit with the triangle of death and CHS error. I never received this while troubleshooting during the process of fixing the misfire and I never received it before I had the problem!!?? Ive read a few things about people having their oil changed at Walmart and then receiving this code and I've also read about people changing the coolant and getting this as well but I haven't quite yet found the solution to my problem? I have also tried unplugging the white wire from the fuse box and undoing the orange plug on the back of hybrid battery as well as touching the ground and positive together to reset the computer but every time the error code comes back!

Any trouble shooting or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what codes are you getting?

3. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I plug up my odm I don’t get any codes

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you'll need a prius aware scanner then. if you don't want to hassle with tech stream, try torque, hybrid assistant, etc. they aren't perfect, but help in many instances.
    you can even try a free scan at an auto parts store. they aren't perfect, but sometimes helpful.

5. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I’m getting error code P0AA6 could I have gotten my a/c compressor wet on the inside when I cleaned the engine?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. Wallace Santana

Wallace Santana New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Hiii , how are you ? I have the same problem in my Prius , did you solve your problem ?