1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Vanne, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Vanne

Vanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just add buffer speaker to my Prius 2004 and after a few hour it have check light appear what is problem ? It relate to electrict system or not ? Thanks for your share

2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm sorry......are u saying that u added a sub woofer & after a few hours the CEL (Check Engine Light) came on?

If this is the case, did u unplug ANY electrical connectors? Sometime if u unplug certain connectors, it will cause the CEL to come on because the data link between the cars computers was lost. This can be cleared by using a OBDII scanner.

3. Vanne

Vanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it is sub woffer I didn't unplug any connector Im not do it my self I get it to dealer and they connect for me but after a few hour CEL light come on so I worry about it going to destroy computer system or something wrong

4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If u have a OBDII scanner, use it to scan for the error codes. Then u can search for the code definition & it will tell u what can be the cause or u take it to the dealer & have then run a check. A CEL could be a 100 different causes & only the code will point u in the right direction. It could have nothing to do with the woofer install.

5. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i'd take it back to the shop that put in the sub and tell them what happened. they should at least scan it to determine if it is related to the work they did.