1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check out this tricked out Prius!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by toyotablackbox, May 8, 2007.

1. lilandreewwww

lilandreewwww New Member

the body kit makes it look like a VW Bug.. especially the trim around the wheels. :p

2. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ezbeth @ May 11 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]439742[/snapback]</div>
    You can find instructions from Darelldd on his website:
    http://evnut.com/prius_exterior.htm

3. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 04:15 AM) [snapback]439749[/snapback]</div>

This seller has other kit car types for sale on the website.
    That his "store" is in my long time Home is a sad comment on how times change.
    Carl

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 01:15 AM) [snapback]439749[/snapback]</div>

In a lot of cases the seller has done most of the work himself or has great connections for such things. So his investment is substantially less than the retail price he is quoting. From what I see on that car $80k would be an extremely inflated price for the mods done. The vast majority of it would have to be crazy labor prices because there is not enough in parts to even remotely justify $80k. I know, I did high end car stereo for 10yrs, I've built and raced fast cars and trucks since '93 and even did some car show action in my old 454SS.

Even my old show truck didn't have $80k in "mods" and the interior was completely redone in grey tweed, the engine modified and chromed out, $8k in paint and body work, air-bag suspension, rims tires, and a $4k stereo system etc etc.
    [​IMG]

5. B Rad

B Rad New Member

I want to know where the interior wood trim comes from? It wraps around all the parts and does not seem as STUCK ON as most !!!! As for the exterior, the body kit is not my thing but with so many Prius on the road now, I MUST to find some way to look different !!!! Paint maybe???

6. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

Disgusting. I got nauseous just looking at it.

7. GripperDon

GripperDon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 01:15 AM) [snapback]439749[/snapback]</div>
    I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, as an engineer with 113 patents and driving a Phaeton I don't consider myself eith an idiot or uncivilized enough to put up such a low class posting but I am the hi bidder on the car.

8. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gripper @ May 12 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]440730[/snapback]</div>
    Well if you are willing to bid on that hideous car than Yes, I would consider you an idiot... Education level and Common Sense level seem to have an inverse relationship for 99% of the population... as one goes further and further with their education, they have less and less common sense... (Which is why most Ph.D.s I know can crank out a 100 page research paper in a week yet somehow cannot figure out how to put together an IKEA Bookcase (I really did have to do this for one of my instructors!)...

But I digress... As I was saying... Engineer or not... if you are the high bidder on that Prius monstrocity, you are an idiot... Education level, career, or number of patents held cannot serve a s a 'shield' from the badge of idiocracy... And you can call my posting "low class" all you want, but I call that car low class, so I guess that makes us even... Thank you and good night. :D

9. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ May 12 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]440641[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen a few places that will custom coat any part you send them. They can do finishes that look like carbon fiber, brushed metal, woodgrain, etc. Actually, one of the larger places that sells the stick-on kits offers the coating service.

10. GripperDon

GripperDon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 12 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]440793[/snapback]</div>
    You can call the car low class but the tone and demeanor of you posts are plain crude. Since you think I can't put things together you better hope you are wrong beacuse in the first 40 patents ever granted in air bags 28 are mine and you are probably sitting behind one of this idiots inventions. So as you said Good Nite and may I add in your venacular if you can't be right call people names so sleep tight, Idiot :p

11. GadgetMan2

GadgetMan2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 12 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]440793[/snapback]</div>
    There is a large group of people in the US that feel anyone that buys ANY Prius is an idiot. They feel the Prius is ugly and impracticle. I believe the pilgrams were considered idiots for not conforming to what the majority felt was right or acceptable in England and coming to found what became the most influential and powerful country in the world (in under 200 years!). I am thankful those "idiots" had the COMMON SENSE to do what they felt was right for them (and ultimetly us). I am glad we have people that think outside the box (idiots?) and not just a bunch of blind sheep following the norm. BTW, you would consider me an idiot too (and I have no colledge degrees) I like the car too :)

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I imagine that most of us, in our hearts, feel that most other people are idiots for liking what we dislike, disliking what we like, believing what we disbelieve, or disbelieving what we believe. But calling them that to their face serves no useful purpose.

There are some opinions that it's just common decency to keep to ourselves.

Value is also subjective. It depends on what you like and how much money you have. Nobody is an idiot for spending excess money on something he finds attractive. I might have a certain opinion about someone who goes into debt to purchase more car than he really needs for transportation, or anything he does not really need. (But if I did, I would keep it to myself. :) )

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "We do not exalt ourselves by belittling others"

"Criticism makes us a thief. We steal the dignity of the person we criticize and rob ourselves of the opportunity to learn from them. Imagine how many great ideas have been lost because of gifted people who were afraid of being laughed at."

14. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 03:15 AM) [snapback]439749[/snapback]</div>

I just don't see the mods costing even 10k let alone 80k. Hidden door handles are just that, hidden. Most cars that have them have nothing visable there as if they were never installed. They improved drag too :) Too bad this car does not have them, would love to see what they would look like on a Prius.

I do like the tinted windows, the wheels and the blackout taillights. Maybe $2k or 3k at the most (and almost all of it in the wheels).

15. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 13 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]441089[/snapback]</div>
    Well said Daniel. My own opinion on the previous exchange is that we can question the "taste" of someone with whom we disagree, but have no right to question their intellect on issues of taste and where they spend their money.

BTW, I would like to stop over to see your Xebra sometime. Off topic of course.

Dave M.

16. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 03:15 AM) [snapback]439749[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Les Gas @ May 12 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]440662[/snapback]</div>
    So what are the chances that the two above posters are either Republicans or real old farts....

17. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ May 13 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]441303[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't make any personal comments in my post, and I will resist your baiting me to do so.

Posting a "look-at-this, this-is-so-cool" link is a public forum is going to draw responses - some favorable, some not.

18. bastcat8

bastcat8 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hampdenwireless @ May 13 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]441115[/snapback]</div>
    I looked at this car last night and again as I looked over everybody's posts what I want to know is how come it looks like that is the same stereo that is in my 2007 with the #5 package? And where did the antenna go?

19. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ May 13 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]441303[/snapback]</div>
    Nope and Nope. I’m 24 and a Democrat... although every single other person in my entire family is a die-hard Republican so perhaps that counts for something??? And I absolutely stand behind my "idiot" comment... I don’t say things I don’t mean and I have nothing to apologize for...

As for the posters 'claim' that they are responsible for 28 out of 40 initial air bag patents... I encourage you to provide some actual evidence to support such assertions... It is very easy to make grandiose claims on an online forum behind a shroud of anonymity… I could just as easily claim to be a NASA engineer or an NSA agent… but that does not make it true… Additionally, the nature of the posters’ claim and the fact it is being made on a PriusChat forum stretches believability. If I held such patents I believe I would have better things to do than go bragging about it on PriusChat. Of course it is possible it may be true, and if it is I congratulate you for your accomplishments… however, I will hold judgment until I see something to substantiate such claims.

(Oh, Isn’t arguing with people online apointlessly fun way to spend a few minutes every day? :D )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Les Gas @ May 13 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]441406[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly!

20. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ouch 33k and reserve still not met? They must mean $80k in stealership upgrades. I really don't see how that much money could be dumped into our Prius, otherwise. It's kinda like that Prius in the UK with $20k in upgrades which essentially amounted to leather seats, paint, and wheels.