1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Checklist Spreadsheet for New P.Prime Delivery

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mr88cet, May 14, 2017.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think we better get out of here bisco.

I had "my" ideas lined up, stuff like checking the tire pressures, the 12 volt, and so on. Then I started looking through the screen-grab of the Google list (did it disappear, btw??), most of the items I don't even know what they are.

bisco likes this.
  2. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe try being in front of the computer instead of being on it ???

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's a lap bottom.

Prius Maximus likes this.
  4. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Hmmm... Scrolling through the thread here, I'm not seeing the JPEG image of the spreadsheet I ... sure as heck thought I posted! ... yesterday evening. Hmmm... Not sure what the problem would be then.

Not sure why you wouldn't at least be able to see the JPEG image of the spreadsheet...

iPhone ? Pro

I'll check this evening what happened to that (I posted it on my home computer, but I'm at work now, so I can't check now).

iPhone ? Pro

5. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The spreadsheet will not display in Chrome.
    Using IE 11 or MS Edge, it says "content cannot be displayed in frame"
    when i set content to its own window, it still asks for permission, which I've logged in with my Google ID and asked for.

6. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Hmmm... I maybe might have thought of one maybe-perhaps explanation for why you folks can't view it. Seems kinda a long-shot, but I'll give it a look this evening too.Yah know, you'd think a Google Spreadsheet would show up in Google's own browser...

iPhone ? Pro

PriusPrimeDeliverySpreadsheet.jpg

OK, trying again to post the JPEG image of the spreadsheet. Anybody see this?

7. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, but a little blurry on my 55" screen. But, then again, I do need glasses. :)

bisco likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's all there now!(y)

Prius from Dad likes this.
  9. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can see it now. To view it better, right click, view image, then zoom in little. Not too much or it gets blurry.

While taking delivery...

Have dealer turn off reverse beep .. and any other dealer changeable settings.
    Have dealer fully charge the battery.

10. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ah, good!

I'll see if I can post a .xls of it, just as a data file...

iPhone ? Pro

Yeah, JPEGs of text tend to be that way... Oh well, it's a start at least!

iPhone ? Pro

Yeah, JPEGs of text tend to be that way... Oh well, it's a start at least!

iPhone ? Pro

Seeing if I can attach a .xlsx of it as just a data file. Try to attach to this message.

Ah! I think I did succeed in attaching the .xlsx. Can you folks download it?

Attached Files:

Bob Comer and Prius from Dad like this.
  11. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah it has to be .xlsx, not .xls (older version files). No trouble downloading, that's the way to go.

I'll leave you and the techies to it though, for the most part don't even know what you're talking about. If you want something down-to-earth:

Stipulate no dealership license plate frames, or decals. The former are no big deal to remove, the latter are a pain though.

mr88cet likes this.
  12. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can read download xlsx file just fine on ipad.

Very nice resource.

Considering trouble with safety connect, might want to add "Verify SOS button connects to operator" - having a green light may not be good enough.

mr88cet likes this.
  13. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    (1) As someone else suggested on another thread here, it's probably a better idea NOT to put your exact real address in the NAVI, but rather an address down the block, or a block or so away, just in case someone manages to hack/break in/rip off your car. Better not to have your exact house number in the NAVI that a thief could easily see (and assume you wouldn't be at home, if, say, your car was ripped off at a shopping mall). After all, once you're close to home, you'll know how to get home the last 30 seconds on your own, so input a "close by" address, but maybe not your real one.

(2) Have the dealer take off all the stickers on the windows -- not just the big ones, but all the little ones as well (XM radio, country of origin, etc). I actually went back to a local dealer (twice) to have some removed, as the dealer where I bought mine from only took off the large stickers, and left the small ones on. I find them annoying (would just rather have nice, clear windows) so went back to the dealer to have all the stickers taken off. Naturally when your plates come, you'll want to take off the dealer frames and make it look nice and uncluttered.

(3) Don't forget to immediately look up and fill out the State rebate forms if your state offers a rebate.

(4) Sit in the car in your garage and get used to the audio and similar functions. For instance, for audio, holding down the "next track" arrow for a second or two on the 7" screen (and I assume on the 11.6 as well) will skip within the track... this is a common function, but I didn't realize until today that doing so from the steering wheel right-arrow button works the same way (on my old Honda, the steering wheel button would only skip to the next track... holding it down would just skip from track to track, instead of WITHIN the track). Nice, because I constantly like to skip "brought to you by" messages and such from podcasts, you can do it from the steering wheel. So sit down somewhere and figure out how everything works. Better to do it sitting down than while driving.

(4) Toot the horn to find out what pitches it is, just to know (mine's a major 2nd apart A-flat/B-flat).

(5) Enjoy the car!

mr88cet likes this.
  14. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Glad that finally worked, and glad you like it.

One thing I don't like about the spreadsheet is that it appears the spreadsheet program doesn't understand the concept of multiple URLs in a single cell: In cases where there is just one URL over in column D, it is clickable, but when I put multiple in there, it just took it as text. I tried several separators between the URLs...

I might go ahead and split column D into several narrow columns.
    Ah, good thought regarding testing Safety Connect. So, basically, hit the button and when they talk to you, tell them "just testing, don't send the police (only this one time)!"? That, as opposed to calling them ahead of time, then hitting the button?
    Ah, yes, good thought regarding the dealer decals! I'll send Email to that effect shortly. Dealership license-plate frames are fine by me. The dealership I'm going through has historically been good, so I'm fine with a license-plate frame for a while.

iPhone ? Pro

iPhone ? Pro

15. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What good does not putting your exact home address in the NAV do in a state, such as California, that requires that you keep your registration form in the car, to be shown to an officer if you are pulled over for some reason? The registration form has your home address on it. (This is a form that shows current registration, not your certificate of ownership.) Which is all rather silly, since before the officer gets out of his car, he has already pulled up your registration/insurance status/if the car has been reported stolen/ outstanding warrants on the owner/ etc on the computer display in his car/motorcycle, based on your license plate.

Similar to the issue for "old folks" who are on Medicare. To receive care, you have to present your Medicare card, which has your SSN on it, despite emphatic warnings from consumer groups, which say that you should never carry your SSN on your person.

#35 CharlesH, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    mr88cet likes this.
  16. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    At least for the Navigation: when entering your home adress, you could give it an inoccent sounding name, say "Uncle Fred the gun nut"?

stevepea, mr88cet and Prius from Dad like this.
  17. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, interesting point. In Texas that's not required, but the proof of insurance might have the address on it; I'll have to check...

iPhone ? Pro