1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevrolet Malibu Quick Sit

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cycledrum, Mar 31, 2013.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Took a quick stop by Fremont Chevrolet after church to have a quick sit in Corvette and 2013 Malibu an all new model. Malibu, oooh, not so good. The center stack looks fairly dated. The driver's seat was pretty good, but wow did the headrest jut into my head, worse than any other car I could think of.

Rear seat leg room was really poor in the Malibu. With front seat set for me, there wasn't very much left behind it. We went to open the trunk from inside the cabin, but couldn't do that. Need the key to pen it electronically. Poor, poor choice. Really nothing to gain by losing the cabin latch to open a trunk.

I guess they sell most of the Malibus in the heartland or bible belt 'cause I don't see them around here much. I suppose the mentality of buying it is 'be American buy American' because other than that, it pales in comparison to the import midsize sedans. Fusion is much better.

Sad for Chevrolet, but must admit those Corvettes and Camaros are hot :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is the malibu similar to volt?

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, the Volt is based on the Cruze, which is one size smaller.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks!

5. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The sad thing is the 2008-2012 Malibu was better in almost every way. The new one has 4.5 inches shorter wheelbase, making it more cramped inside.
    We rented a 2011 for a few days in Orlando and it was a very pleasant, competent car.
    Oh, well.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't know what Chevrolet is thinking, they reduce the width of the trunk with fabric panels. Would be deal breaker for me. So many other cars have wide trunks, esp. all the Asian midsize sedans.

:rolleyes: