1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy Bolt; defects in LG lithium cells from two different plants

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by ChapmanF, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Got a site for that. The only reports heard by me of limited fast charging of Tesla's were for cars that almost exclusively used it.

Which is probably why the CATL packs used by Tesla are liquid cooled. Any EV with over 200 miles range probably has that bigger battery for regen charging.

LTO has applications in EVs, but for its advantages to be leveraged to the point of being the main choice for all cars requires a network of ultra fast chargers in place. The fast charger network doesn't extend everywhere yet. Considering the cost and infrastructure difference, ultra fast will grow slower. Without the ultra chargers, gives the EV a shorter range for what will likely be a higher price in the near term.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    After +2.5 years, my 54k mi, 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3 measures ~52 kWhr down from ~55 kWhr when new or about 5.5% loss. But in the meantime the SuperCharger network grew and I don’t have to use L2 chargers on trips. Even near end of a Supercharger session at 24 kW for the next segment it is faster than L2, 7 kW.

Yeap, cursed with a Tesla and SuperCharger network, they still work better than when I bought them.

Bob Wilson

Zythryn likes this.