1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy first automaker to deliver Siri integration via Spark and Sonic models

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Chevy first automaker to deliver Siri integration via Spark and Sonic models

"Others have announced it and promised it, but Chevrolet will officially be the first automaker to bring Apple's Siri digital assistant to its automobiles, delivering the eyes-free integration to its Spark and Sonic models that have MyLink built in."

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In the 2013 Spark and Sonic vehicles equipped with MyLink, owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
    - Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
    - Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
    - Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
    - Access Calendar and add appointments
    - Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays

3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So how many miles per gallon does a Siri add?

Is that a hybrid Siri?

You do realize this is Priuschat, not Siri-chat?

Bob Wilson

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi Bob, I think of the Prius and all hybrids really as a technology platform, so what happening in the world of car tech seems relevant enough to me. Besides, I'd really like to see Toyota adopt or allow this on their systems, and their public comments have been lukewarm at best.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I subscribe to "Design News", "AutoWeek", and listen to the podcasts "Autoline After Hours" and "Autoline Daily." These are infinitely better sources for auto technology. But I come here for "Prius" related stuff and 'Siri' is about as interesting as Ford's audio control disaster or the latest wheel covers for a Corvette . . . noise.

There is an excellent set of "Other car" forums where announcements of non-Prius news is the natural home. A good place for such news and discussions.

Regardless, I'll just 'blink' out this thread and move on. I was just hoping you might understand 'the right tool for the right job' and perhaps gain a clue. If not, not my problem.

Bob Wilson