1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy fuel economy

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bulldog, Feb 13, 2007.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 13 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]389803[/snapback]</div>
    Eric I called it on here before. toyota missed it with the new tundra by a mile. Toyota is scrambling on their launch, it will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Nobdoy ever believes me on the gas mileage when I tell them so don't feel bad you are not alone.

2. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 13 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]389803[/snapback]</div>
    So which models (specifics as in engine and configuration) are you comparing???

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Malorn, even I distinguish Tundra from Tacoma. I was only pointing out that the best GM can offer in cars, is the same as a Toyota model truck. Only mentioned in the context of this thread's subject of GM spin regarding fleet fuel economy.

As for the existence of a GM truck configuration having better FE than a Tundra configuration --- yawn. I'd be willing to guess you can find at least one other comparison in GM's favor, so long as you do not look too closely.

Addendum: Just on the remote chance that Malorn is pulling our collective leg at little, I looked up FE for the leading GM truck FE wise, and the leading Tundra FE wise:

GM: Silverado 1500 2WD 5.3L. 315 HP, ?torque: 16 city/22 highway
    Toy: Tundra 2WD 5.7L. 381 HP, 481 Torque: 16 city/ 20 highway.

Similar FE, but the Toyota engine has 25% more HP, and oodles more torque based on 360 in their 6L model. The Toyota scores a 6 on the pollution score, while GM .. a 3.

I will admit this is the closest I've seen GM to Toyota, but they are still far behind. In there self-proclaimed area of strength, no less.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 13 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]389807[/snapback]</div>
    Newsweek does not agree with your assessment:

5. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Guess I'm looking at what gets at least 40mpg, preferably over 50mpg.