1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy Volt Tidbit

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by adrianblack, Aug 24, 2010.

1. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I wouldn't say that. The dealers are going to charge what they think the market will bare. If nobody buys the cars at the prices they ask, then they'll have to lower the price until people do buy them. I suspect there are plenty of rich people out there willing to pay $60,000 for a Volt, but once that market runs dry, eventually regular people will be able to buy them at or under MSRP.

However, being how few vehicles GM is committed to manufacturing, that may take a while. I suspect most of the Volt's potential customers are going to buy a Leaf simply due to availability.

2. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Just for fun, scroll down and look at the box:"Similar Threads." Last post 08, 09 .... what gives? There should be more interest that that is the Volt.

Personally, I enjoy reading about the Volt..... Leaf also. I am looking forward to reading post from drivers once these vehicles are on the road. GM has pemitted a very high expectation of efficiency and convenience to develop. When reality set-in ... I predict there will be many disappointments. Might even "Lemon Laws" be discussed because actual performance is so far beneath expectation?

What is wrong with automobile buyers? One of the post below expresses hopes the Volt will be turbocharged!! I would say to him ... the Volt is not the right car for you. Even some Prius responders talk about speed improving devices; lowering the car; and other mods that are contrary to the vehicles intent, and design purpose.

I'm just rambling .... no need to respond.