1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicago I-GO car share adds 2 plug-in Priuses to fleet

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by exbauer, Apr 3, 2009.

1. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I received an email today from the Chicago I-GO car share about adding 2 plug-in Priuses to its fleet. I just copied the important stuff:

Ever wonder what it'd be like to drive a car that gets 100 miles to the gallon?

You don't have to wait until 2015, the deadline President Barack Obama set in his New Energy For America plan to put one million plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) on the road. Thanks to generous support from ComEd, I-GO just added two plug-in hybrids to its fleet.

On a fully charged battery, these cars are capable of achieving fuel economy in excess of 100 mpg and reducing CO2 emissions by up to two-thirds over the standard Prius.

But don't take it from us. Try them out for yourselves.

The difference, of course, is that, before you can start the car you’ll need to unplug the extension cord from the back of the car and recoil it on the spool located next to the garage wall. (Please don’t leave the cord laying on the floor, where it may get run over and damaged.) Then, after you return the car and swipe out with your smart card, just remember to plug it back in.

Simple, right? Plug-in hybrids might be technological marvels, but fortunately, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to drive one.