1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicago workers stand up against Bank of America

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ctbering, Dec 8, 2008.

1. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Point taken, but only after you better stated the point.

2. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Oh Suzzydoo,
    We in Illinois are above identifying the political party when our governors are indicted and jailed. You should take solace in Obama passing the mustard in Springfield Illinois politics just like that great Republican President, HONEST ABE!

3. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Oh, I now understand that your point, i.e., that the media didn't use this "opportunity" for Democrat-bashing as it would have done if Blago were Republican. You may be right. But making generalizations about "the media" is just as bad as making generalizations about one political party. Fox News is as biased as it can be and I'm sure they didn't miss this "opportunity" to bash Democrats.

In a way, I have the same feelings as you about unfair/untrue lables. I am sick to death of the generalizaton about "tax and spend Democrats" (and its derivatives). Nobody in history has spent as much as G. W. Bush and, when you look at the biggest contributors to national debt, the presidents were Reagen, the 1st G. Bush and G.W. Bush - with G.W. Bush the big "winner." Debt is another form of tax - it's just a tax that falls on future generations and presidents. Labelling Democrats as "tax and spend politicians" is a generalization and is completely false, at least in recent decades.

I don't see theft, greed and corruption as a Republican vs. Democrat (or liberal vs. conservative) matter at all. If an individual is profane, venal, mercurial and dishonest, he'll be that way regardless which political party he belongs to. As for Blago, there is no redeeming such a crook. I hope he rots in prison.

4. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Question for Illinois residents: How was this governer doing on all the other responsibilities? It's obvious that the guy was a con artist in office, but would this not have shown up in all the other jobs that he administers?