1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicagoland Meetup :: Early 2006

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Dec 14, 2005.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We haven't had a Chicagoland meet-up in a while. So I figured that it's about time. For two reasons:
    1) Matt will be heading the Chicagoland Group in 2006
    2) I should soon be receiving my SigmaAuto EV button

I know that if I heard that someone was installing an EV switch I would want to be there to see how it goes in and how it works. So I'm making the offer to the group. However, I do not intend to install the switch in the cold. For that reason, if anyone knows of a heated garage with plenty of move-around room that would be great.

I figure that there will be a few of us. Attempting to do it in a 1-car garage, for example, would prove very difficult. A commercial indoor shipping/receiving dock would be optimal.

Because the event will occur in 2006, I'll leave the timing up to Matt. But someone please help with the location. There is one stipulation though: because I HAVE to be there, let's take it all the way on the Southside of Chicago, okay?

2. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I'd love to see that.

I can't help with garage space though, my place is way out in the burbs and I'll have left them already. *sigh* I'm on the hunt for a job.

I want to see how the EV switch goes in anyway cause I've been toying with getting one myself. I'm only afraid that someone is going to drive my car and misuse it or hit it by accident (that would be a rarity for me to hand him over to anyone)

hell I gotta get my block heater in too ... grr.

3. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I spoke with the guys at work. We have an indoor heated shipping/receiving dock. It's two-semi-trucks wide and when I asked one of the guys if I could use it some weekend, he replied, "gonna change your oil? That's where I do it when it's cold outside." Close enough. :)

So I think I have the space secured. It's in northern Buffalo Grove on Deerfield Parkway near Hwy 21.

4. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

Sweet ^_^

I'll probably be able to come, (pending knowing about my joblessness-- don't worry I'm keeping the prius No matter what!) And I ought to have my father in Tow (he has an '04)

I got my mudflaps installed where I work, did it Friday after work... what an ordeal. That and the Chassis stiffening plate, which was 15 minutes to install top end. Heated truck docks/drive in wharehouses are awesome.

would you pm me the address if you don't want to post it publically?

ohhh and installing the... block heater... I might not even have mine done by then, so if you want to see how it goes in, I might do it then(depends on what would be acceptable).

5. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That sounds great. It will probably be late January for the date. That should give the holidays time to wind down and people time to recover.

I would like to see your mods installed as well.

I plan on bulk emailing all the Chicagoland members so you'll definately be getting location and date info. No worries about that.

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    How close to the Illinois/Wisconsin state line do you meet at? I might be interested in joining in. Looks like fun. I am scheduled to get my Barcelona Red Package #8 the first week of January. Whoooo hoooo. Another excuse to make a trip in it. hehe

7. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

it'll be about an hour drive from Racine(thats according to mapblast.com)

IMO, if its not snowing and you want to meet up and see how things are getting installed its worth it.

Its probably going to be anywhere from 45minutes to an hour drive for me.

8. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    EV switch :) , block heater install :rolleyes: , I am there.

Wayne

9. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

I think the first couple of weekends in January would be busy for most. I would say around middle of the month, anywhere of the last three weekends...

Maybe someone can help, because I thought Martin Luther King Day would be the Friday or Monday of the 13-16, schools get that off usually, would that be a problem for anyone (three day weekend mini-vacations)?

Also, Tony, would it be okay for either Saturday and Sunday? Or would one be better than the other? (Less people around, people actually working on a Saturday/Sunday, etc.)

10. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

weekends are better for me. ^_^

11. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I will be monitoring this thread off and on. I should be able to make it.

12. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was anticipating a Saturday or Sunday at the end of January, say 28th or 29th. Failing that, some time early in February 4/5th or 11/12th. Without a formal calendar in front of me, I'm unsure of any national holidays that I might be conflicting with.

I like to keep things simple, so let's agree to meet at 12:00 Noon.

I'm itching to have this meetup as soon as possible because I'm itching to get this button installed.

360, we'd love to have a resident Cheesehead. Here is the exact location:[MAP]

[Edit]
    I've tweaked the map a little. Zoom in all the way and you will see that the flag is right next to a driveway into a triangular parking lot. The shipping/receiving dock is in the upper-right corner of that parking lot.

If you are going to use your Prius' NAV to drive there, enter 950 Deerfield Parkway instead of the 910 shown on the Google Map.

13. tag

tag Senior Member

Does this mean I should order the EV switch from Coastal now? :lol:

14. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

With the 5th day of February of the Year 2006, there is a conflict, as that date is reserved for the celebration of a bowl, a bowl so magnificent, so grand, that some may even call it super, a celebration that stretches internationally, as to which bands of nomads migrate to compete in the bowl, both animal and man alike, and the significance of this event may be escalated to the great citizens of Chicagoland, as da Bears of Chicago may migrate to it, if they are able to slay the sea-faring birds, swashbuckling pirates, or other opponents that may yet to be determined, and lo and behold, the citizens may rise up to support their bears as they leave their mighty field of soldiers to get to the bowl in the city of mass-marketed, gas guzzling transportation machines, to face the almighty male horses, or other opponents that may yet to be determined, and to hold other events on this day as to prevent celebration of the gods of the football would be sacrilegous, and may anger the gods, who will then render da Bears defeated, due to the ungratefulness of the citizens of Chicagoland.

(In short, Feb 5th is the Super Bowl, and we shouldn't hold anything on that day)

15. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, I gotta say that if da Bearz won't be playing on 2/5, that would probably be the best day for me (if it's otherwise, then it would be the worst day.......for the meet). :lol:

16. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the excellent info. If I am not recovering from knee surgery I will absolutely be there. And even if I am recovering and can still drive I will be there too. (grin) I just need a place to sit. Hopefully, there will be a place to sit whether I have the surgery or not because this knee of mine is getting painful.

Again, thanks for the invite and the super directions. I will be using the Nav to get there and have made note of the address in my palm pilot. (wouldn't ya know it?)

Happy New Year

17. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh yeah, as if the Bears have a shot at a national title. Next thing you know you'll be going on about how the Sox have a chance at -- oh yeah.

Ok, the 5th is out. :D

tag, I got the SigmaAuto switch; genuine Toyota part ordered and delivered in December. It's sitting on my coffee table right now taunting me. Probably taunting my cat since I'm not home. So it might have teeth marks in it by now.

What if we start with the January dates and accept/eliminate those?
    I propose Saturday, January 28th at Noon. Objections?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I am very interested in attending this.

19. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Jan. 28 OK here.

20. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member