1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicagoland Meetup :: Early 2006

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Dec 14, 2005.

1. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

Anyone wanna take bets on how nuts its driving Tony cause we're down to less than a day? :p

I'm looking forward to this guys!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ah geez. I wasn't even thinking about it.
    Thanks for reminding me. Now I'll never get to sleep.

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tony,
    Getting to sleep isn't the problem. It's when you wake up in the middle of the night and aren't able to get back to sleep.
    I hope you guys (and gals) have a great meet up today.
    Looks like you will have some of the same rain as us. (Rain in January?!) Stay dry and have fun!

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Hands Across The Sea from the Bay Area chapter. May you have more warm bodies than we did. :lol:

5. Bobwho

Bobwho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well this one went off ok. Tony please tell your wife thank you. Thanks for all of the help fire engineer. Thanks to all of you.

Bob Parrot Ladies Dad

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Bob Who?

Wow! Can't believe I actually saw a post from him. hehe (inside joke) You had to be at the meeting to understand.

Had a wonderful time at todays meeting. Saw and met many good people who I have seen post here online. Good to meet you all!!!!

Was absolutely entrawled with the conversation we had at the late luncheon table about Birds. ParrotLady and her dad truly had some great stores about their experiences they have had. Some hard to believe but still consider true. Amazing stuff.

I also now understand the whole reason behind installing the engine block heater and the perils of installing EV switch. (yet another insider from being there) No comment. hehe Hope all went ok Tony.

This trip to this user group meeting represented the first long trip (about 120 miles) I made with my new 2006 and I felt so special showing it off for everyone to see.

Thanks to everyone for making this a special occasion. Wayne thank you for the great info you shared with us on paper.

7. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

Great... I now gotta put up with him here too!

Be nice or I'm sending you to the basement again Dad!

8. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It was a great drive home.

Wayne (FireEngineer), Dan (MacPprince), Matt, Amy (Parrot_Lady) and I went back after dinner and stayed until about 5:30. I have seen Prius parts inside the dashboard I hoped I would never see but true to their words, Matt and Wayne got everything put back together - eventually - and you could never tell that it was ever taken part. I tested the EV switch up and down the loading dock a few times and everything seemed ok.

But it wasn't until the drive home that I got to really test it. It would appear that everything is hooked up correctly. At least there's no smoke yet. I engaged it a few times and kicked it out due to speed and SOC. Each time performing exactly as expected and documented on the boards.

I want to thank everyone for coming. I'm sorry that I was so wrapped up in my EV switch that I didn't have opportunities to join more conversations. I felt a little isolated while everyone was talking and I was trying to hook up some wiring. But then I grabbed everyone's attention and it was all okay. :)

TracyBeans, I hope you weren't sitting at my house waiting for me. When I showed up, Amy asked, "wasn't Tracy coming with you?" D'oh!

9. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Of course, Tony, as we have experimented with our own. We'll show you more next time, ok? You know what we should do... :p

10. MacPrince

MacPrince New Member

Wow, now that was fun! It was great to meet you all and finally put some faces with the screen names!

The pictures are up, along with my witty commentary:
    http://homepage.mac.com/macprince/priuschat/priuschat.html

Thanks, Tony, it was a blast! Well worth the drive!

MacPrince (Dan)

P.S.- Tony, do I need to give you a whistle or a gong or something to get our attention next time? 'because there are far better ways. ;)

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Thank you all for posting, and, MacPrince, for the really really great (NON-POSED) pics. Youse guys seem to have the most success with your meetups, although now maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about the 6-8 we were only able to get to come to our SF Bay dealie.

Good to put names with faces, too. Parrot lady surprised me. I think I have a mild crush on her. 360 and Tony look almost exactly as I pictured them. I think I have a mild crush on Tony, too---I actually resemble him facially, only I'm more wrinkly (64 vs. 35). :eek: :lol: B)

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Tony, No I couldn't make it. I was thinking the meeting was on a Sunday and then realized after looking at the calendar it was on a Saturday. Saturdays don't work for me at all. I'm bummed out I couldn't come. Maybe the next meeting will be on another day besides Saturday. Hopefully.

I'm glad you all had fun and were able to also get some stuff done to your cars!

Tracy

13. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :lol:

Thanks for the pics, Dan. Looks like there's at least on with Steve in there; bummer he had to leave so soon. And I really do hope Steve and Terry bring their HyHi to another meetup when it's warmer and we can pop the hood and check it out a little more. I did enjoy the ride. Thanks guys.

14. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think I had proposed a Sunday early on but "somebody" was concerned the Bears might be playing that day. Maybe we can try a Sunday meet-up during the summer months.

15. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

well I did it... I ripped out my back seat yesterday to clean it up a bit and also to move the dining room set (again).... The neighbors asked me what I had in my hands, and then whether or not my car should be able to do that.

Brought in my back seat and my mom freaked out...

:D I got a good laugh. Thanks for showing me how to do that guys!

16. Drifter

Drifter Member

Maybe I left the meeting too early. I can't think of a reason I'd need to take the seat out though. A lot fits with it just folded down and if I need more space its fairly easy for me to borrow a minivan. It must be interesting to see a prius without the back seat, but I'm glad mine wasn't the demo.

I had a good time at the meeting. It was good to meet new people and to see the ones I had already met again.

Tony- I'm glad everything worked out with the EV button. But next time no naps during the meeting.

17. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Yeah, well a second "somebody" suggested the Saturday of this non-NFL weekend instead of the Sunday. Maybe if the second "somebody" hadn't been anxious to put in the EV button, they would have thought of Sunday?

It was entertaining though to terrify Tony. "Hey look Tony, here's what your car looks like without the backseat in it." "Hey Tony, here's what's under your dash." "Hey Tony, here's how the MFD looks when taken from where it belongs."

Oh boy, good times. Ironically, he was fine during all that. :mellow:

18. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Tony,

As I said in my PM to you last week, I'm hoping for a May meetup at the AFV Event at Route 66 Raceway. Has this been finalized yet or too early.

Mike

19. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced