1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

child seat

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bill rowe, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bill rowe

bill rowe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Need a child seat for an 18 month old grandson to go in our 2017 prius hatch.

My expectation is that the passenger seat will have to go all the way forward with the seat in rear facing mode so the child seat will probably have to be removed for passenger comfort between uses.

Anybody with any experience or recommendations?

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check with your local regulations for whether the child needs rear-facing. Unless the child is smaller, here they would probably be forward facing - I've only had forward facing installed in mine.

RCO likes this.
  3. Priifan

Priifan Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The huge Britax was a bugger to install in our 2013 Prius V, but simple to load in the 2017 Prius with its hooks. Fortunately my granddaughter at 3 and half is ready for the Graco TranZitions 3 in 1 harness booster seat, which is much slimmer... fitting easier in the back seat once grandchild two arrives and uses the old Britax. The width of a carseat is important especially when trying to squeeze Grandma in the back seat with a kid or two. Good luck because you will need it getting out of the Black Hole of Carseats!

alanclarkeau likes this.