1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chinese Ni-MH Battery cell replacements-any experience with these copies?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bruce Cameron, Jun 26, 2015.

1. CZsp01

CZsp01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    80% of the volume stuff I got the China actually do work. In general, I usually had to order 125 units of electronics to get 100 working units for resale.

So at the risk of stereotyping, I would say that unless you've got a technical facility to evaluate and characterize EVERY cell, or an established and acceptable way to return bad cells to mfgrs for replacement, you should go look for another alternative.

In other words, you need to buy from Guaranteed sources. Alibaba is just a Chinese internet flee market.

donbright and Data Daedalus like this.
  2. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At this point in time no way I would not go near Chinese "Prius" modules. Have you ever bought a Chinese replacement battery for your laptop? No way do they last as long as OEM.

Do you really think these manufactures will make a product as good as Panasonic? And if they try to compete on price, Toyota could drop their wholesale price and put them out of business. Good luck with your warranty claim if that happens.

I'm sticking with new OEM or good used OEM.

Data Daedalus and Bluegrassman like this.
  3. Bluegrassman

Bluegrassman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'd say watch a few videos of cellphones, hover boards, etc bursting into flames, then decide if you want to try it

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Data Daedalus likes this.