1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chip in the windshield

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by TomasV, May 8, 2016.

1. TomasV

TomasV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was driving on the gighway tonight, and bang! A loud pop appeared.. A rock came flying towards me from underneath of rhe car in front of me and hit the windshield right in front of my face.. There's a chrack, it's not really big..

Has anyone tried the repair of the windshield? Like the one safelite offers. How's the quality of that repair? Or should i consider getting a new windshield?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    it's up to the windshield place to repair it,usually only if it's smaller than a 50 cent coin

3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Safelite is good and have used them in the past. They can repair a crack the length of a dollar bill, the only issue would be if it is directly in your view of vision. They will not fix any damage if it is directly in your view. It has to be outside to the right, left, up of lower.

4. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    New Jersey Comprehensive Insurance Covers Cracked Windshields free

5. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Chips, stars...I have had great success with the epoxy repair kits available at most auto parts stores.
    Cost $ 20

Cracks...no experience, yet seems calling Safelite for an opinion may be useful...length of a dollar bill is repairable!! Wow.
    Cost $ unknown

Insurance...OK option.
    Cost $ Zero with glass coverage.

Good luck and insist on OEM glass whenever possible IMO.