1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chips in windshield

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by edspecR, Feb 1, 2017.

1. edspecR

edspecR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure if this is the correct subforum, but I've noticed that in only having my car less than a month, I've already got 2 chips in the windshield. When I bought the car (used), it came with 2 chips in the windshield already, which I had repaired. My previous car only got 1 chip over the entirety of driving the car, and none on my wife's car that we've had for over a year now. Coincidence? or are you all getting a lot of chips too?

I live in the Bay Area, not too many trucks spewing rocks everywhere, or dirt roads that I'm taking this car on...

2. davids45

davids45 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    G'day,

I've had my c for a couple of months and have not had an unusual number of "stone-incidents" compared to previous cars, particularly those I've had also of a lower and shorter-bonnetted/hooded persuasion (e.g. Yaris, Echo, Daihatsu).

You didn't mention if your previous car was of a similar front-profile to the c.

I think it's just 'luck of the draw' if you get a bad stone chip sooner rather than later - a bit like flat tyres, an inevitable part of driving a car on today's roads.

David S.

edspecR likes this.
  3. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    As part of it's aerodynamic configuration the Prius C is fairly low to the ground, particularly compared with SUVs. And as far as flying rocks go, it's probably fair to assume that there are more of them closer to the ground than there are higher up.

But having said that, I haven't seen anything unusual in my Prius C in the 2+ years that I've owned it.