1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

christmas eve messing around

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Dec 26, 2006.

1. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I was working at a detail shop the boss had just gotten a new toy, it was a small box with a fan on it. It runs on AC so you have to run an extension into the car but the device is supposed to turn the air to plasma as it passes through (as I understood) and eliminates all smells. Anyway, an F-150 just happened to come in with a gallon of milk that slid off the passenger seat and exlpoded on the floor, fortunately for us and him it had the plastic floors instead of carpet. It made the job a lot easier but it was still a lot of work. I think the instructions said to leave the device running in the car with the heater on for about an hour then run it with the A/C on for about an hour recirculating with all doors and windows closed. If you still have odors from vents etc. you may try looking for one of these devices. The truck came out odorless!

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Dec 26 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]366953[/snapback]</div>
    I try - I like my humor like my martinis - dry. :lol: :lol:

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 27 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]367305[/snapback]</div>
    Ha ha... on my 12 gallon tank, I fill up once a month as it is! ;)

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee, i feel gullible or lucky. my SO and i eat in my Prius on average, about once every other week or so. seems like our schedules are so conflicting, that we dont have time to make dinner at home, so we are constantly hungry and on the road going somewhere and we NEVER take her car anywhere. she drives a POS corolla.... not saying her corolla is a lemon. but after 220,000 miles, it has seen better days.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ok, so a couple nights ago we put the car back together. it took just over an hour, and that included searching for parts (particularly bolts, clips, etc) too.

took the driver's seat and the amp back out and put the carpet in
    [​IMG]

then we put in the amp, and d'oh! someone puts a oily boot print on the carpet...
    [​IMG]

he promptly cleans it up though :)

then the dash goes back together... minus my drive and play :( which quit working 366 days after he bought it for me :(
    and you're looking at a front prius bumper through the windshield
    [​IMG]

there's the smartkey receiver in the back of your center console if you were curious.
    [​IMG]

we now have a dash and a center console, plus the carpet.
    [​IMG]

then the driver's seat goes back in
    [​IMG]

then the passenger seat, and he's checking for srs codes to make sure everything is ok and calibrated and etc. the airbag light was on the whole time the passenger seat was out of the car. (side airbag disconnected)
    [​IMG]

here's what i get after 200 miles of driving without feedback from the mfd... not bad for playing it by ear with lots of road noise...
    [​IMG]

and in the bay next door... an engine room wiring harness replacement is going on! you really don't wanna have to replace that thing, just take a gander at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whew!

and the good news is that the car doesn't smell nasty anymore! it also no longer smells like "old new car" i guess, which bothered DH to no end (and he turned and bothered me about...) pff. old new car. i was fine with it anyway. :p

i'm happy to have my complete car back... i appreciate it more now. :D

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't wait to see what you two get up to on New Year's. :D

7. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    new year's was surprisingly quiet!

however, the engine room wiring harness replacements apparently come in 3's.

a prius, a hihy, and a hycam all in a row. all accident victims. so he's yanked out half the engine compartment of each toyota hybrid now... maybe if i'm lucky i'll actually see him tonight :blink:

8. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll need to add some SD mats to the floor eventually and to run some new wires.
    I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me:

1. How do you disable the side airbags?
    2. In what order is it best to take out the seats, the center console, the amp, etc.?
    3. What is the best path to run wires (speaker & power) to/from the battery through the rear seat area?
    4. Anything else I need to be aware/mindful of before I start?

Thanks!

9. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Dec 26 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]366873[/snapback]</div>
    Just an FYI for you and anyone who is interested; put a couple of moth balls in the vacuum cleaner and it will kill any bugs you may suck up. That includes Fleas for you cat and dog owners.

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    updated, corrected pics after server change.