1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"christmas tree codes"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WarEagle07, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess the price of salvage batteries will start to rise, now that 2G vehicles are aging and demand is picking up.

2. WarEagle07

WarEagle07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Just spoke with a different dealer and they said that they would install a re manufactured battery!!!
    re-involt here i come!!

3. WarEagle07

WarEagle07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually even re-involt is a tad behind but not alot. They told me that they could have my battery shipped out middle of next week. :rockon: never thought paying $2000 instead of $3000 would feel like a victory haha

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Let us know how things go with the battery swap.

5. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For a 2006, I would pay the extra $1000 for the BRAND NEW battery.

About the wait list, due to the earthquake damage, any battery in stock at the factory would have been used for manufacturing instead, so warranty/repair service is going to be affected as you are. When I brought this up in one of the "buy the Prius now" threads, the responding attacks were immediate.

6. WarEagle07

WarEagle07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Well actually the battery was right at $1600 shipped. I am just going to pay the dealer to put it in for me so that I know it is done right. I do have to say though that the guys at re-involt have been really helpful. I will let you guys know how the battery works out and if I notice and MPG increase. I will need to sell my old battery though. Im sure someone will buy it. Only one cell is bad.

7. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did they approve goodwill assistance?

8. WarEagle07

WarEagle07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Just an update. I got the battery from re-involt put in yesterday and it works GREAT!!! I highly recommend this company to anyone in the need of a battery. Very fast and friendly service. The mechanics at the dealership were really impressed with the quality of the battery and packaging. Before the change I was getting about 46mpg average and now I am getting about 52....

1 person likes this.