1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chrome Handles, Backup Camera, Antenna, Remote Starter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by WastedTheLight, Oct 24, 2016.

1. WastedTheLight

WastedTheLight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Picked up some toys for my 2013 Prius Two. For under $12 shipped on eBay, the chrome handles look amazing, imo.

The Beat-Sonic FDA51-3R3 shark fin antenna looks great, but the signal has been degraded by installing it. I'm more of a bluetooth/Spotify guy so not a huge deal.

Picked up this backup camera. Was pretty easy to install, but getting the panels off can suck. Cracked one by the foot pedals and broke a clip on the hatch cover. Still need to adjust the camera a bit, but so far, so good!

Finally, I got a car starter that works with the OEM fob! A little expensive considering through range blows but no extra fob will be a huge plus. Still have to install this later this week. Remote Start Toyota for PRIUS 2010-2014 "Push-To-Start" Models ONLY Includes Factory T-Harness for Quick, Clean Installation

May get some mud flaps next. May also put chrome around the windows or partially around the windows at least. Not sure yet.

20161023_203242.jpg 20161023_152857.jpg 20161022_154130.jpg

Montgomery, CosbyComedy and Burna J like this.
  2. CosbyComedy

CosbyComedy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Would love info on the remote install!!! I just got one myself, sounds like the exact same description.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. WastedTheLight

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hoping to install it tomorrow. I'm a little nervous as the instructions blow and there's very little room for error (not much cable accessible to where you have to splice into). I'll post details as soon as I get it done

CosbyComedy likes this.
  4. WastedTheLight

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Installed today, was cake!! I didn't do the hood switch, EIPS, or horn (worked anyways). Just had to connect the harness to the OBD connection and splice 3 wires. Three clicks of the lock button on the OEM remote and SHE'S ALIVE!!

5. haigenIII408

haigenIII408 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    More info please. I'd love to have a same kit

6. Grindeddown

Grindeddown Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do the chrome handle covers still work with the touch sensitive lock and unlock "buttons" on the driver door handles?