1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cigarette lighter 12V not working

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ghwong, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ghwong

ghwong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Guys,

I'm looking for the 12V Cig fuse location, might have blown due to faulty usb charger.
    Try look around but not sure where is the location.
    Anyone can help?

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I don't have my user manual with me but from the online US manual, it is under the instrument panel on the left hand side (Driver side). Ours may be different since ours are RHD.
    Fuse box under the instrument panel.jpg

After you 've found the fuse box, look for CIG, a 15A fuse.
    Power Outlet fuse.jpg

Vincent

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mine blew a couple of weeks ago when I plugged in a defective tire inflator. As vincent notes above, this fuse is in the fuse box under the dashboard on the driver's side, more or less above where your left foot rests when driving. You'll have to put your head under there to find the box (it's about 5" x 3"), and there's a clip-on cover hiding the fuses.

4. ghwong

ghwong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    was trying to locate the box just now but didn't manage to find it..
    maybe later try to park at a wide open place and try to look for it again.. thanks.

5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Well, it certainly pays to read the manual!

I file this sort of thing under "things an owner should know", so I just went down to have a look at the manual and car. Even reading the manual it took me a minute to find it. First things first - like several other items on this car, this fuse box is NOT reversed on our RHD vehicles, ie. it is on our passenger side. The diagram has been changed in our manual but the heading still says "Under the instrument panel" which is a little confusing. You will have to perform a slight contortionist act to somehow get your head on the floor of the passenger side and twist around to look up to find it, above the left side of the footwell, the lid of the fuse box facing straight down at you. Or using a mirror might be wise. It is behind the glove box but there's no need to remove it as you have to access the fuses from the bottom anyway.

Once you've located it, just pull down on the "lid" of the box, grasping it from the end pointing towards the rear of the vehicle. As far as I can see there's no pull-out tool stored in this box.

Attached photos are taken using my phone in the footwell, facing up.

fusebox.jpg fusebox_opened.jpg

Not sure why Toyota's put the sunroof fuse in there - I'll have to check the manual again, because in the US manual there's nothing else on that circuit.

ftl and ghwong like this.
  6. ghwong

ghwong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks bro.. like mentioned... i find a bigger space car park and bend down to check both driver n passenger side and managed to locate it and changed the blown fuse... now working again.. the fuse puller i got it from engine compartment fuse box

7. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

(Pardon the ignorant Westerner idiot abroad)

What's a car park?
    A parking lot?
    Don't homes in Singapore have driveways or garages.
    Please don't say they are built on bamboo stilts so tigers don't eat the people.

8. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Yes, parking lot = car park in British English. It can mean either an open-air area, or it can mean a building, though the latter can have other names - I think "parking garage" is often used for this in the UK and down here "parking station" can be used, though that is old-fashioned and it is now more common to just call it a car park too.

Driveway has the same meaning, but over 90% of homes in Singapore are in apartment type buildings, so they don't have them, no. :)

9. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    WilDavis and robertmaria like this.
  10. Sardar Kamran

Sardar Kamran New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If it's Owners Manual you're looking for, google Toyota Techinfo. On that site, click the Manuals section.