1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CincyMPG presents the first annual MPGfest--Mark your calendars, October 12-13

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by lamebums, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Double your gas mileage, learn about hybrid vehicles, and so much more! - CincyMPG.com coming soon!

[​IMG]

CincyMPG, the new name for the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Hybrid and Hypermiler's Club, is proud to present the first ever annual MPGfest in the historic city of Fort Thomas, Kentucky, barely ten minutes away from downtown Cincinnati. This all-day event will be on Sunday, October 12th from 10 AM until dusk at the Tower Park in Pavilion #2. Food and soft drinks will be provided. Entry is free and open to the public. Our mission is to spread the word about fuel-saving techniques and to make the public more aware of the possibilities and ways to save money, reduce oil imports, and lower emissions, and most importantly to have a good time while doing it.

This will be followed up by a trip to Georgetown, Kentucky on Monday the 13th and there will be a tour of the Toyota plant where Camry hybrid vehicles are made. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the production process of such vehicles up close.

This will be a two day event.

Contact

For MPGfest: Jud ("bestmapman") at (859)-466-6886 or Auston ("lamebums") at (859)-630-1708 of CincyMPG, call with any questions.

For the Georgetown tour on Monday, contact Bob Wilson (bwilson4web). This requires a registration beforehand.

The Schedule

Day One

9:00 AM: Asking that anyone directly involved in MPGfest show up early to help with set-up.
    10:00 AM: Registration and meet and greet. Also register for fuel economy challenge in the afternoon.
    10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: "Meet A Fuel Economist". Currently a VW Jetta TDI, a Prius and an Echo will be on display.
    11:00 AM - 11:45 AM: Wayne Gerdes: "Hypermiling: Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in what you drive."
    11:45 AM - 12:30 PM: Jay Groh will present the Hymotion PHEV mod to the Prius.

12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. We will grill burgers and dogs.

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Driving clinics. These will coincide with the presentations.
    Furthermore, Wayne Mitchell (FireEngineer) will do Prius EBH installations all day.

1:00 PM - 1:45 PM: Wayne Mitchell will do a Prius battery teardown.
    1:45 PM - 2:30 PM: Brent Quebman: "Hypermiling Your Home Energy."
    3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Fuel Economy Challenge. A five mile challenge on the streets of Fort Thomas, Kentucky. Specifics to be determined.
    5:00 PM until whenever: Conclusion

Day Two

8:45 AM: The people in the Cincinnati area will caravan down to Georgetown.
    10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Arrive at Georgetown plant, meet and greet.
    10:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Georgetown plant tour
    12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch

Depart to be determined

Directions to Tower Park: From I-471 in Northern Kentucky. Exit 2 Alexandria Pike go east. Travel East 3/4 mile to Grandview. Turn left on Grandview. This is an uphill street. At the top of Grandview turn left on Ft. Thomas Ave. Go four blocks. At the intersection of Hwy 445 River Rd turn right. The right turn is not onto Hwy 445 River Rd., but just past Hwy 445 River Rd. The road doesn't have a street sign, but it goes behind the VA Hospital that is just past River Rd. Take the road toward the back of the VA Hosp and take the first left to go behind the VA Hosp. The picnic shelter is next to the tennis courts and signs will be visible from the road.

[​IMG]

I will update this post regularly as more information becomes available.

2. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This event is being put on by CincyMPG. This is the new name for the Cincinnati, OH and Norhtern Kentucky Group. We will have several events and promises to be a great event.

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Any suggestions for places to stay for out-of-towners that may want to come?

4. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    there are several places very close by. I will put together a list.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks. Just might be able to get the time off if I can make it a reasonably priced trip. Just had to replace a water heater (two weeks AFTER warranty ran out of course).

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

My apologies to the moderators. I need to keep a single page to track the current roster and since I'm a moderator at GH, here it is.

We have openings for the Monday, Oct. 13, Columbus day tour starting at 10:00 AM. It takes about two hours and this will be the third group. I've found each time I saw familiar but also new things.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only hybrid electric manufacturing facility open for public tours. For me, it is engineering Disneyland.

In 2010, Toyota plans to open a Prius factory in Mississippi but I don't know if they will support group tours. We'll see.

Bob Wilson

7. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And if anyone is interested I will be doing engine block heater installs the entire weekend-Saturday to Monday. Just purchase and bring your EBH, you can contact me for a day/time.

Wayne

8. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We are staying at The Best Western in Georgetown, it's close to the Toyota Plant and last year we enjoyed the hotel very much. Loved their indoor pool:)

9. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi paprius4030--

Fort Thomas is about an hour north of Georgetown. :)

10. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah but it's close to the toyota Plant for Monday am, so i can sleep;)

11. Aaron

Aaron Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'll be there if I'm not in Utah.

12. Vangogh3302

Vangogh3302 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm excited about this event, it will be my first.

13. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It will also be my first... I can't wait..:)

14. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all--

I may have mentioned this before but we are having a planning meet on Saturday, September 20th if you're interested? It'll be a more low-key meeting. We'll grill some burgers and set all of this in stone (it's 99% certain as far as I know!). Plus we'll have a small fuel economy challenge. You should see bestmapman's face light up when the time comes and he mentions the phrase" fuel economy challenge". It defies words. :p

If you're interested the address is 357 River Road, Ft. Thomas KY. We'll meet at 11 AM.

15. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We need an East Coast / Boston similar event.

I could then drive down from Montreal in 6 hours. Hard to justify a 12 hour trip for me, on a Sunday, when I have to work Monday morning.

So sorry to announce I won't be present.... :sniff: :cry:

16. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  17. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  18. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all--

I have updated the writeup in accordance with what we hammered out at today's meet. The majority of this is set in stone. If you're interested in hybrids, how they work, or how to improve their mileage this is the event to be at. :)

19. lamebums

lamebums Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My wife and I are a GO for Sunday. See you all there.:D