1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Civic hybrid owner thinking about 2012 Prius III with solar roof

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kaisersoesce, Apr 3, 2012.

1. kaisersoesce

kaisersoesce New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello Folks,
    I have been a owner of 2007 Civic Hybrid and am now in the market to purchase two cars. I have been looking at the Prius III with the solar roof. Honestly, I don't care about the solar part of the roof as much as I do for the sun roof. Few questions for the gurus

• I am in the Portland area. Any dealers/recommendations for dealers?
    • What is the price of the prius iii I should target? One dealer has offered me $26,264+license including cargo mats and floor mats. Is that a good price? Yes, we do not have sales tax in OR. But we pay in oh so many other ways.
    • Should I get the extended warranty? Should I get it from the dealer or outside?
    Many thanks

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my 2005 from Ron Tonkin and had it serviced there as well although it's not too convenient since I'm on the west side. I just traded it in on a 2012 Prius Four with the solar roof. I checked with all of the area dealers, and Justin from Ron Tonkin gave me the best deal and made sure I got exactly the car I wanted. Of course, your mileage may vary, but I'm a happy camper.

3. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I never go for extended warranties, but that's just me.

4. kaisersoesce

kaisersoesce New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Becker, what did you end up paying? And how much was it below invoice? thanks for the response

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is a good price, especially if it is for a Blizzard Pearl car which adds $220 for special paint.

I'm thrilled with my Three with Solar. Even on mild 65degree days it makes a difference.

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't buy extended warranty now. Wait until your original 3 yr/36 k warranty is about to expire. If you still feel you need extended warranty, get it here from PriusChat (you get it much cheaper than from dealerships). Remember you have to get extended warranty anytime before original warranty expires. I got mine from PC for 7 yr/75k and haven't used it yet (mine is 5.5 years, 68k right now). Happy Prius hunting!

7. jabecker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought a Prius Four, so it might not be comparable. It included the carpeted flour mats and the rear bumper decal, which I had on my previous Prius and wanted again. I paid slightly above invoice. I was OK with that because they had to find the car and then fetch it from Salem.

8. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Very cool! I'm in the Portland area, too, and our best dealer's... uh, wait, that's the other Portland. Never mind.

But I did buy a project car from the Toyota dealership in McMinnville, Or. It was only a 3,333 mile trip back home for me, but for you, it would only by about an hour?

They were a pretty nice group of people to deal with.

9. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought a Prius Three w/ sunroof two weeks ago in Vancouver. Costco auto program said the invoice s/b $26K. I bought it for $26.5K on an MSRP with mats of $28050. My mom bought the same model; diff color from the same dealer (on the last day of March!) for $26K. I'd say your price of $26,264 is right in there. Good time to get a Prius before demand and gas prices make them scarce!

10. kaisersoesce

kaisersoesce New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the responses folks. I spoke with Ron Tonkin and they are giving a pretty competitive quote. Seems like I may go with them. Agree on the extended warranty. I know I will get it, the one that is transferable, but will get it when my Prius warranty is about to expire.

11. kalome

kalome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    "What is the price of the prius iii I should target? One dealer has offered me $26,264+license including cargo mats and floor mats. Is that a good price? Yes, we do not have sales tax in OR. But we pay in oh so many other ways."

I recently bought a Prius 3, with tax OTD was just a tad over 27k. I thought cargo & floor mats were included?

Should I get the extended warranty? Should I get it from the dealer or outside?

I never get the extended warranty. I tend to trade in cars after 3-5 years, but I probably wouldn't get the warranty anyway.

12. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought my 2010 Prius III last year from Justin at Ron Tonkin too. He was very nice & gave me the best price too. I checked with all the area dealers & he was the only person to also go out of his way to find the Prius that we really wanted. I would highly recommend him.

13. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have never purchased an extended warranty on any Toyota before but my wife felt more comfortable getting one on the Prius with all of the technology in the car. I bought it with the car. The dealer gave me a nice discount on it & it was 0% interest too so it wasn't costing me extra. :D

14. jabecker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe he has to work just a bit harder because his name is Justin Lemons. :D But I would definitely recommend him!

He offered to drive my new car to my house, but I declined. I wanted to pick it up myself so I could drive it.