1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clarity ICE's a diesel pump

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by fotomoto, Mar 10, 2019.

1. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Thought I'd "ICE" a fuel pump! ;)

Needed to make a bio-stop on my drive home upon buying a new 2018 Clarity plug-in (now called Claire) today. What a great driving car! All the safety/driver's aids, smooth quiet and strong EV ride, plus great plug-in range was too tempting. Will get about $10k off from fed/state incentives was the icing on the cake. Will take it on a long road trip this week during our spring break. (y)

IMG_4300.JPG IMG_4298.JPG

Tideland Prius and hill like this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Tire pressure problems already?
    Well then, don't hit the road just yet.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new car. I test drove Clarity last month and really liked the way it drove especially EV mode. With near 50 miles EV range, I could use it as my daily commuter (~20 miles one way) without needing to gas up. I really wanted to trade my PRIME for it. But in end, I didn't. We really need a hatchback, not a sedan.

Clarity has indirect TPMS. There is no pressure sensor inside of tires. It is probably giving an error message because at 3 miles odometer it has not been initialized yet. All you have to do is to drive for a few miles, it will reset and adjust to the new tires.

#3 Salamander_King, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What does any of that have to do with DIESEL ??

audiodave likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!! Looks great!

Aside from the looks (I’m ok with the front end design), it’s spacious, quiet, luxurious and a good AER.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    when it comes to looks, considering some of the different Prius versions many of us have driven, there's hardly any room for us to seriously critique too much about looks.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  7. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yup. It also needed the infotainment screen reset (2 sec push). @3 miles, I was the only one to ever (test) drive it.

Agreed but we've got that covered with both an OutBack and Gen2 prius. As you probably know, the trunk is quite roomy and has a pass through for long items. Ideally it would be designed like the civic hatch that looks like a sedan.

It looks a lot better in person. I've done a complete 180 since the release and now admire the styling. My 19 yo son, whom I thought would give it a "meh", thinks it looks really cool.:coffee:

I had new-car-itis and didn't want to park next to others and the diesel side of the station was completely empty. It's a joking reference to these stories.

Tesla-hating pickup drivers are blocking charging stations, Model X owner shows they can be towed - TechSpot

8. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Shouldn't the thread title be "gases a diesel pump"?

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hahaha. That is true.

I have seen it in person. I do like the front design - it looks imposing and futuristic at the same time. But anyway, all that matters is that you like it. Like @hill said, we've been driving cars that the general population think is ugly so who are we (am I?) to say? :LOL: