1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Classic Hybrid Battery Gone "Bad"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 2001prius, Dec 15, 2008.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In my opinion if you purchase another 01 prius battery from the dealer it would still have the same problem down the road. I just recently swapped new modules from a NHW20 to the 01 prius i have, i had some bad modules and i was ending up replacing one, then found 4 others which were bad after a week or so. I bought two 05 and 07 prius batteries for 425 bucks used, then used those modules to rebuild the OEM pack.

If your not mechanically inclined, or afraid of high voltage, theres a seller on ebay that sells a rebuilt HV battery for the 2001 prius with new modules from the NHW20.

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Since you are obviously not a DIY person, your best option may be to sell the car as is, or trade it in. Whatever the car is worth with a good battery, subtract what the repair would cost, and if you can get that much, or more, you are ahead. It would be a good bargain for someone who could do repair it themselves. Ebay might be a could place to advertise it.

3. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Isn't that advice a bit late? This thread is from last year...

4. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ebay has it!